• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

kindred

I have been having a throbing pain under my ribcage on the left side, and was wondering what it could be. Has anyone else ever had that? Sometimes it throba and sometimes it feels like there is an organ under there that is trying to cecede from the rest of my body. I dont know what organ it could be tho.

I have been having a throbing pain under my ribcage on the left side, and was wondering what it could be. Has anyone else ever had that? Sometimes it throba and sometimes it feels like there is an organ under there that is trying to cecede from the rest of my body. I dont know what organ it could be tho.

When does it hurt and how intense is the pain?When breathing in or out?
Could be the intercostals but don`t take some ones word over the net.
And do you know when and how you injured yourself?Were you twisting for example?

I'd see a doctor just in case - but its likely to be a torn muscle. I did this once using my punching bag - had a big session and all of a sudden I collapsed - I turned around to face my assailant - who wasn't there. I could have sworn I got stabbed in the side. It was just a torn muscle, but its in a nasty spot, it hurt to breathe for about 3-4days and then hurt to turn my upperbody in any way for at least 2 weeks. Best of luck dude.

It doesnt hurt to breath. It is more like a puslating or spasam type feeling that is intense enough to make me fell one of my internal organs is trying to leap out the side of my rib cage.

I cant remeber injuring myself it just started happening.

May not actually be a rib issue, It may be an issue in your back muscles

- Serratus anterior muscle spreads down to the side of the rib cage
- The Latissimus Dorsi muscle is alot larger then the Serratus muscles and alsospreads down the the sides of the rib cage
- Problems from Teres Minor and Major muscles can also feel like the pain is focused in the upper side of the rib cage but is actually originating from your back just below your arm pit

Doctor 1st.... he'll do some tests.

Nah i exercise with the pain i have had it for awhile. The only thing that makes me no workout is this damn heat but i am hoping that has gone or will go soon.

"I have a pain in all the diodes down my left side, I have complained but nobody ever listens to me. Oh God I am so depressed" - Marvin the paranoid android

Yeah am going tomorrow. I dont like going to the doctor tho unless im dying as it seems like im wasteing their time they could be using on really sick people. Also I hate needles and they like stealing my blood :p

Im thinking it may be a hernia as when i apply pressure to the are it feels good again.

Stomach coming out your rib cage? Youd know if it was an Hiatus Hernia, there would be a nice lump when standing up and reflux and lots of heart burn would be present.

Last edited:
It also hurts when i blow out really hard (I got a breath tester on the weekend). I poked around in the area and there is a squishy thing there that isnt on the other side of my ribs. But i dont really know that swhy im going to the docs tomorrow.

Guys.. sometimes I get this throbbing in my pants.

It hurts to stand up and my 3rd leg stands-to.

Should I go to the doc to get it drained?