• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Effects of creatine

metzy

I have just recently started taking creatine mono in grape juice. I have previously taken creatine (12 months or longer since taken it) but did not respond to it. This may have been caused by the fact that I was taking it in OJ.
My question is how long after starting to take it do you normally notice a response? As I am trying to determine if I am a non responder.

Track your progress for for weeks with creatine and then without. keep all the other variables the same like calorie inTAKE AND OTHER SUPPS USED, ONLY THEN WILL YOU BE FULL ABLE TO GAUAGE WEATHER IT WORKS OR NOT.

FKN CAPS.

I did a cycle of creatine (I think for around 2-3 months) and I didn't notice anything besides always being thirsty. If you're like me you may simply be unresponsive to it.

The week after i start taking it I notice a small difference, then maybe 3 weeks - 1 month later i get a sharp increase where I can suddenly do an extra 5 reps.

The week after i start taking it I notice a small difference, then maybe 3 weeks - 1 month later i get a sharp increase where I can suddenly do an extra 5 reps.

We're you taking it with dextrose as a transport?

If you weren't, then it probably took all that time for your creatine levels to get elevated.

I am drinking prob about 2 litres a day thats not including water in shakes or whilst training. I am drinking slightly more now on creatine, not sure if it's due to the creatine or farken hot weather

We're you taking it with dextrose as a transport?

If you weren't, then it probably took all that time for your creatine levels to get elevated.

Nope, just in my shake.

The first day I start taking I overload it, and have about 30g in a day, then it's back to 5-10g a day.

Hey guys, just wanted to ask a quick question here, i read a few articles and threads here about creatine and taking it with grape juice, i learnt that grape juice was good because it didnt have um, i think it was citrus-acid? which has a bad effect on the creatine, anyways, ive got creatine from a buddy of mine and he told me to take it with "extra juicy Grape juice, no added sugar or preservatives" but when i look at the ingredients it states it has "food acid (330)" just like all the other juices, would this mean its no good? or food acid differs from citrus acid making it ok to take with the creatine my buddy gave me? cheers

I only had creatine for like 2 weeks before i gave it to someone. It has no real taste I used to drink it in water. Maybe you can stick it in some milo or coffee or something. Im drinking a beer now and would put some in that if i used suppliments like creatine :)

sweet! thanks for that pie =] and, creatine + beer sounds good to LOL. creatine i have was given to me by a mate 2, its not new but he said it should still be good, plus expiry is next year. how addicitive is chocolate.. zz

haha good stuff... its probably the best tasting grape juice.. well from the ones ive tried anyway..

but just heads up aye.. i started getting pimples again after taking creatine + grape juice but during high school i was really prone to pimples... ive also read on another site that, a combination of creatine + juice can infact cause pimples, especially for those who are prone to it... although its not scientifically proven, i got my self to believe LOL.

ive stopped taking the creatine all together and my pimples are starting to go away.

Ive never really had problems with pimples, I haven't noticed any problems taking the creatine with grape juice.

I take heaps of creatine on workout days and a solid scope from the fitness central bag on days off.

Don't get pimples.

I think the pimples - if you are prone to it - may just be from increase testosterone levels from working out more.

But I've never looked into a link between creatine and pimples.

Ask your doc or something to be sure if it bothers you too much.

I just dumped about 250grams of creatine into my protien powder along with my other dry suppliments. I hope it doesnt overload me.

Im so lazy I plan to crush my vitamin tabs and put them in the mix too :)

Id put my probiotics in there but they would just eat it all before i could!

yeah.. i couldnt find any proof at all or even just a tiny link between creatine and pimples, but there are a bunch of people like me who did notice increase in pimples during intake of creatine... id say it only occurs to those who are prone to pimples.

for my self.. my face was actually already cleared up and was clear for a long time.. i think the last time i had problems with pimples was like 5 or 6 years ago (.. but i had hips..until i started taking roaccutine)

And well just recently after taking creatine, it may just be a coincedence or not. but yeah...

and for kindred.

WOW LOL.

Bit of a threadmine but i wantd to add my opinion.

Creatine Mono is grear stuff, but, ive found it very important to do constant off cycles of it. I try to do 5weeks on, 1 week off. I find that during my off week I dont loose any strength, and my endurance is about the same.

I think you find issues when you take creatine for 6+weeks at a time, and then stop. Upon stoping you loose a fair bit of mass.