• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulking, what's a good meal before bed?

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
I've tried cottage cheese in the past, don't seem to like it though.

What other foods are good before bed?

I take a milk+protein shake with me to bed and drink it when I wake up halfway throough the night.

Blended protein with a 50/50 ratio or Micellar Cassein and WPI or WPC is great before bed with some natty peanut butter or almonds. This should stave off the night time hunger pains.
My suggestion is to buy them both separately (unflavoured) and mix it yourself. I use 30gms of each but you can use 20gms. use splenda or choc cylamate for flavour and your good to go.

I just ate:

Small tin of tuna
Tin of sardines with tabasco peppers
350g cottage cheese
A banana

How's that for a bed time meal...

Last edited:
I just ate:

Small tin of tuna
Tin of sardines with tabasco peppers
350g cottage cheese
A banana

How's that for a bed time meal...

Isn't that a bit extreme, especially because you're only training three days a week? I wonder what your breath was like after you ate the tuna and the sardines.

"Goodnight hhhhhhhhhhhhhooney" ;-)

Isn't that a bit extreme, especially because you're only training three days a week? I wonder what your breath was like after you ate the tuna and the sardines.

"Goodnight hhhhhhhhhhhhhooney" ;-)

What would be extreme about it?
And I don't quite understand why diet would change depending on training 3 days/week or 6 days/week.

Tuna, sardines AND 350 g of cottage cheese just seems like a lot of food to have before bed. Sardines and cheese, together at last ;-)

2568235300_676a6a1346.jpg

Wasn't too much food, one of my 3 meals for the day.
My meals macronutrient breakdown was:
Protein - 87g
Carbs - 41g
Fat - 21g

And that meal looks alot better than mine, straight out of the tins and tub.

And I'm not bulking anymore, as the title suggests.
On my 2nd week of an epic cut.

Last edited:
What Should I Eat Before Bed

Cottage Cheese, natural peanut butter, and any type of vegetable the article also says fibrous carbs, casein protein, and even healthy fats.

It basically says anything you normally eat just dont eat huge amounts of it.

Cottage cheese

Cottage cheese is casein. Its good for bulking and slow release protein.