• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stop riding your bikes in the middle of the freaking road!

kindred

If you wanna use the Road then dont be a duche and ride infront of me at 3km/hour! Get to the side damn it! If there is a bike lane USE IT!!!!!!!

P.S. If anyone was riding their bike infront of a grey hyundai this morning go to hell! There was a bike lane next to you, you lycra wearing sunbitch.

Last edited:
if there is no bike lan provided , cyclists are legal allowed to claim the whole lane

Not in the middle of the road especially when there IS a bike lane which is what im pissed at. If there is no bike lane then ride on the left side of the road. Riding in the middle of the road is annoying to most people.

sometimes bike lanes are dangerous to ride in , glass and other crap in the path. massive potholes etc

Riding in the middle of the road might be annoying , but its legal, Bikes are classed as vehicles and are allowed to take a whole lane to themselves. but a cyclist that rides responsibly will most of the time move to the left to allow traffic to pass

HOLY CRAP R U FOR REAL!!! If your classed as a vehicle then pay a registration fee and obey the speed limits. If you go to slow you should be pulled over and arrsted like anyone else! RANT RANT RANT... sorry i like ranting its a good way to vent... BUT R U SERIOUS!!!!!!! OMG GET OFF THE ROAD YOU MIDDLE OF THE ROAD 3km/hour arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway im not talking about responsible cyclists im talking about the other sort the ones i have nick named road kill

For the most part I hate the arrogant lycra wearing so and so's as much as kindred. They should pay road tax have rego, obey the road rules like all road users!

But.....
I was rideing my bike home from work the other day and I was on the left hand side of the lane heading towards a T intersection, when some twat in a car cut the corner (from the left of the T) by that much, that I had to swerve into the gutter to avoid him.

So not all twats wear lycra!!!

I hate it when there are 2 riders, side by side, just chatting to each other while riding in the middle of the road.

I think cyclists need to realise that they can't have it all- they want to claim footpaths AND the road. And have their own rules to boot.

Admire road cyclists- it takes guts to ride on public roads- but need to remember that they are not as visible as a car, can not run red lights, dangerously sneak up the side of traffic and need to pull to the side when in an area where they are causing a traffic jam.

Most of all, they need to respect pedestrians.

HOLY CRAP R U FOR REAL!!! If your classed as a vehicle then pay a registration fee and obey the speed limits. If you go to slow you should be pulled over and arrsted like anyone else! RANT RANT RANT... sorry i like ranting its a good way to vent... BUT R U SERIOUS!!!!!!! OMG GET OFF THE ROAD YOU MIDDLE OF THE ROAD 3km/hour arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Don't complain here about not paying rego fee's , write to your local road authority and complain , if cyclists were to pay a rego fee it would be so low that it would cost more in administration

going too slow on the roads , lol , that would mean that just about every car traveling at peak hour would be fined , I love riding my bike in peak hour zoom by all the cars while they sit in the long car parks

It is physically impossible for a bike to be traveling at 3kmh , that would require them to have the feet on the ground for balance

I started riding about 3 months ago. i always keep out of the way of other veichles wen i can. i agree it pisses me off so much behind two dickheads riding side by side.

When a cyclist is a drongo, the cyclist is killed.

When a driver is a drongo, the cyclist is killed.

So if we want to direct our anger towards people being sloppy in control of vehicles, let's focus on drivers.

I started riding about 3 months ago. i always keep out of the way of other veichles wen i can. i agree it pisses me off so much behind two dickheads riding side by side.

it's legal for 2 cyclists to ride a abreast like that , just need to treat them like any other vehicle , overtake when it is safe to do so

it's legal for 2 cyclists to ride a abreast like that , just need to treat them like any other vehicle , overtake when it is safe to do so

I`m a cyclist - I cycle more k's than a lot of people drive- but I am so critical of the defenses cyclists use.2 abreast is legal but not always practical or safe so use your head.Just like if the speed limit is 60 but there are 50 kids running around near the road it is only sensible to drive at 40 or less.

Sometime a cyclist will ride in the middle of the road for the safety of himself in certain areas it stops cars from passing where it could endanger him when most people in cars dont give a crap. So it can be tactical.
Sure there are exceptions when an idiots get on a bikes as I have had run ins myself with a cyclist when I have been driving and being a cyclist that has represented australia before find it necessary to school them lol.

As for the speed factor I never see any cop pull over the tool that sits in front of me in a car doing 20 under the limit so why pick a cyclist.

Thirdly why talk about rego fees for cyclists when I think the age for people technically allowed to ride on footpaths is 12 from memory (atleast in NSW), it may have changed, so how would you feel forking out rego for your kids or future children to own a bicycle or worst multiple bikes as I had growing up.

I just want to re-itterate im not talking about all cyclists. Im talking about the ones the dont use bike lanes on purpose. and those that slow down traffic ridding 2 a breast. you cant honestly sit there and say thats ok when they have no reason to. Sure its legal but its like walking into a resturant and yelling random words for 4 hours strait when people are trying to have conversations. There is just no reason behind it.

Morning gentlemen :)

I see no one has posted any links to the (QLD) bike road rules...
Road rules for cyclists

Here is the most talked about part:

Keeping left and overtaking (s129, s131, s151, s141)
You must:

• ride as near as is safely possible to the far left side of the road — on a multi-lane road or a road with two or more lines of traffic travelling in the same direction as you, you can occupy a lane and travel in the right hand lane when necessary (for example, to make a right turn)
  • ride to the left of any oncoming vehicle
  • not overtake another vehicle on the left if that vehicle is turning left and giving a left change of direction signal
  • not ride more than two abreast unless overtaking
  • ride within 1.5 m of the other rider if riding two abreast

The most interesting parts are in blue :p

I think it is completely ridiculous that bikes can ride 2 abreast...but thems the rules.

I don't know if a multi-lane road is one with more than one in the same direction or just a road with more than 1 lane...
From the above it sounds like it is just a road with more than 1 lane in any direction, meaning bike riders must ride on the left but only down 1 way streets??
I hope I have just misunderstood that though.

I always ride to the left, but only long enough to get me to another foot path! There are some terrible drivers around here and none of them have patience for bike riders.

I just want to re-itterate im not talking about all cyclists. Im talking about the ones the dont use bike lanes on purpose. and those that slow down traffic ridding 2 a breast. you cant honestly sit there and say thats ok when they have no reason to. Sure its legal but its like walking into a resturant and yelling random words for 4 hours strait when people are trying to have conversations. There is just no reason behind it.

As it was mentioned before it may have been too dangerous, if the lane is full of glass or junk as they generally are, riding there may not only make his journey longer by having to change tubes but could also put him at risk as if he has a blow out controlling the bike can be a bit of a mission at best.
I have many times had to continue riding up to 5km to get to a bike shop with 2 completely flat tyres and it isnt easy just because the council doesnt find it necessary to clean the bike lane regularly. It would be comparable to every time you drive on the freeway you get a blowout, how likely are you then to drive on the freeway?

When it comes to riding two abreast it may have been a tactical thing like riding in the middle of lane it could have even been just one stupid tool driving next to them that they thought it may safer untill they get onto quieter roads.

I can tell you one thing that when I go out for a road ride on my BMX or mountain bike the game changes alittle as bunny hopping up and down gutters isnt an issue and dare I say darting across traffic(between safe gaps). It is definitely alot safer as it takes the whole car thing out of the equation, but once again because of a few, the media turned on this and its frowned upon.
A road cyclist has no choice as he cant go up and down a gutters when a situation gets hairy, there only option is to make the situation as safe as possible before something goes wrong, and its easier for them to assume that every car is driven by someone that either doesnt know how to drive and doesnt want then there.
In a perfect world where cyclists and drivers got along and people watched out for them tactics of the cyclist would be a thing of the past.
The closest place I have been to for this was Dresden, Germany.

Now just to make sure I am not supporting in any way to action of those that dont have a clue when it comes to riding on the road, but the media and the general attitude of us australians has turn us cyclist into an evil force and in general everyone always cracks first before that look around to see as to why they might be doing what they are doing.

One incident of my own was on a road with bike lanes that were clean everything was going fine until there there was a slight bend in the road where the council obviously decided wiithout concern for those on the bike lane, that cars were having an issue with this area and put an island on either side of the road and one in the middle with reflective arrows(Im sure you know the ones), I pulled onto the road clear before it with no one anywhere near me following but when I got to the Islands a B double truck decided to pass me through them whilst blowing his horn, could I have been killed? yes. Why didnt he slow down for half a second so I could go back to the bike lane, who the hell knows. It took me almost 5km to chase him down just so I could have 10 seconds of anger ventilation lol but it made for a good ride, I really push myself on that one lol.

Sorry for the blabs and venting guys but it kills me when people talk about cyclists as because the media continues to continuely shape australias mind everyone is putting all cyclist into that same boat. I cant tell you how many times I have been in a car with non cyclist friends, randoms and even my GF and they either mumble a few words as they pass a cyclist or even abuse them when they are cleary riding along to the left of the left lane in a neat and tidy fashion.