• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

One food for one year...

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
This doesn't have to be the best food for muscle building, but overall usefullness to the human body.
However, if eating alot of it, it should be safe and allow you to at least maintain body mass.

If you could choose just one single food type to eat for a whole year, what would it be?

Only drink is water too.

Examples would be things such as:
Bread, eggs, chicken, fish (must be specific species), red meat (must name animal), vegetable or fruit (must be specific), yogurt, etc, etc.

Would be interesting to know your choices and why.
Taste would be a minor reason for choice, in my opinion.

This doesn't have to be the best food for muscle building, but overall usefullness to the human body.
However, if eating alot of it, it should be safe and allow you to at least maintain body mass.

If you could choose just one single food type to eat for a whole year, what would it be?

Only drink is water too.

Examples would be things such as:
Bread, eggs, chicken, fish (must be specific species), red meat (must name animal), vegetable or fruit (must be specific), yogurt, etc, etc.

Would be interesting to know your choices and why.
Taste would be a minor reason for choice, in my opinion.

I can't think of a single type of food that contains all the essential fats and proteins - perhaps a certain type of fish might cover everything - but certainly not in the amounts needed to sustain you for a year. Honestly I think if you ate ONLY one food and drank water, that you'd die within that year.

It would have to be something high in fibre otherwise you'd br shitting bricks all the time.
Possibly green beans.

What about oats ?

Haven't made my choice yet, but probably would lean towards a plant based product over an animal product in this case.
Some of those poor 3rd world people can only get some sort of grain type food alot of the time, and they survive, on very small portions too.

Last edited:
Vegtables because it contains many types which contain all nutrients the body requires... apart from some fats which the brain likes having.

EDIT: I just re read... So if it cant be a group then i guess i would go with a type of fish also but it would kill the person doing it as these days fish contains lots of heavy metals. If it was pre industrial world fish id say fish.

Last edited:
Check this out, tuna is safe to eat and not a significant source of mercury poisoning:

CHOICE - Test: Canned tuna (archived))

I'm not a fan of this question, eating just one food type for an entire year would probably kill you, unless you broaden the category and allowed two groups (i.e. legumes & vegetables).

I'm not a fan of the question either but I guess it's just a hypothetical.
Just remember "Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger", right?

Sushi, but there have been studies that if you keep eating one source of anything you can build an alergy to it.

Killing them slowly, I always thought that was meant to be mentally stronger. Thats how I think it should be taken.

spirulina

Its a green algae that supposedly has everything you need and is being grown in africa to feed the masses.

Wouldnt eat it myself unless i was an ethiopian with nothing else. Probably the best whole food on the planet.

But you could never get enough of it and it taste like shit. I had the powder once and could not for the life of me ingest it, then got the tabs and were much better.
How are they giving to them in Africa, via drip feed? ;)

Agreed :)

I was eating the capsules but you need to eat a whole bottle per day to get the RDA.

And at 50 bucks a bottle it would cost a fortune. I think it is largely a marketing gimmik in the west.

But in the 3rd world, they eat the stuff by the plateful. They make these big green cakes and eat mouthfulls of the stuff.

Probably is good for them but too hard to get those amounts in oz.

Other than that, there is this seaweed that supposedly is a good whole food that you can live on.

I will see if i can find it.