• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Raw Egg White

C

Clarkie

I bought a 1 litre carton of egg white from Coles last week to mix into my omelettes. Will adding this stuff raw into my protein shakes make me sicK? I've heard that our bodies cant digest raw egg, that it is a health risk and that there is no benifit to eating raw eggs. Is this true or is it just people scare mongering?

I think there is a small risk of salmonella by eating raw eggs, but I believe this has been grossly exaggerated by the media (I have no reference for this, if you are interested enough you will Google it).

How much was this carton? I have never seen this in Coles.

I have googled it and there seems to be a real mixed opinion on the issue. If Shrek says it's ok then that's good enough for me :p.

How much was this carton? I have never seen this in Coles.

Actually it was from Woolies not Coles now that I think about it. It was about $5.50. It comes in one of those old school 1 litre milk cartons.

this product is usually found in the freezer with the desserts, incase anyone was wondering

i eat them raw too. on a dif note all the supermarkets in our area for some reason this week stopped stocking all the whites.

it shouldn't make you sick, but my belief is that the protein in uncooked eggs cant be absorbed effectively by the body. hence i always cook my eggs

I have used the product on and off, when i did a bulk back in 2007 74.5kg to 90.5 kg i was having 2 raw eggs in my shakes 3 times a day. I also used a few months later the egg whites at 150ml per 300ml milk and 2 scoops of ON for a couple of months. No ill effects. Tasteless in the shakes.
AZZA

cutting edge is aparently only avalible in nsw i emailed them and it is hard to get set to other states as its frozen, anyhow im not giveing up as it seams like a great product, ill keep trying to get sum sent to sa

cutting edge is aparently only avalible in nsw i emailed them and it is hard to get set to other states as its frozen, anyhow im not giveing up as it seams like a great product, ill keep trying to get sum sent to sa
I am in QLD and its at Woolworths if this helps.
AZZA