• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

can u get cheap generic protein powder from the supermarket?

Yes, you can get protein powder from the supermarket.
For the better stuff like Musashi, it is well overpriced, and still low quality.
Then there is the real cheap shit, cheap for a good reason.
Might as well use milk powder to bump up your protein, that's cheap.

How can you not trust internet sellers !!!
Most online sellers actually have physical stores and outlets, phone numbers, etc.
You can order over the phone with them if you are feeling insecure.

Try proteindirect.com.au

If you don't trust the internet go to a heakth store (you'll pay more though) or a bodybuilding shop. From memory there is one in Lonsdale in Adelaide.

Yes, you can get protein powder from the supermarket.
For the better stuff like Musashi, it is well overpriced, and still low quality.
Then there is the real cheap shit, cheap for a good reason.
Might as well use milk powder to bump up your protein, that's cheap.

How can you not trust internet sellers !!!
Most online sellers actually have physical stores and outlets, phone numbers, etc.
You can order over the phone with them if you are feeling insecure.

Try proteindirect.com.au

Never seen that site, just put it into my favourites. Whats it like compared to other protein powders?

I just stumbled across this forum, looking forward to contributing!

The internet is definitely the way to go kindred. You just have to make sure you are buying from legitimate businesses. They will display ABN or ACN numbers, if you contact them they will get back to you within in 24 hours. Some of them even offer samples for a minimal fee if you want to dip your toe in the water first.

I used to purchase from myopure but now go to. Their RRP isn't always the cheapest however they have great sales every few months and their service is really great. Now that I am a regular I usually ask for a deal when I am buying multiple items at once for myself and my friends. I really like their ********* Raw Cacao to add to my post workout shake with some dex and wpi.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Kindred, I am in SA too and have bought supplements from a number of online businesses with no issues. If you want a bricks and mortar store, I noticed that Australian Muscle have opened up in Holden Hill (north east), I don't know if that's close to you or not? I also don't know how their prices compare.

Kindred I am in SA also, I have looked in many of the stores around Adelaide and the best deals to be had are online. I have bought heaps of stuff online and never had an issue mate.

Yup coles sells musashi but it's not what i would call cheap. I use to use milk powder when i was young and poor tough. I buy online from bulknutrients.com sometimes and have quick service through them. I went to my local health store not to long ago and saw them selling the WPI from them there to but they were asking for $70 when its only $39 online. They even got a nikko and blacked out the bulk nutrients website details on the package. Get a prepay debit card if your worried about shady dealings.

I just stumbled across this forum, looking forward to contributing!

The internet is definitely the way to go kindred. You just have to make sure you are buying from legitimate businesses. They will display ABN or ACN numbers, if you contact them they will get back to you within in 24 hours. Some of them even offer samples for a minimal fee if you want to dip your toe in the water first.

I used to purchase from myopure but now go to . Their RRP isn't always the cheapest however they have great sales every few months and their service is really great. Now that I am a regular I usually ask for a deal when I am buying multiple items at once for myself and my friends. I really like their ******* Raw Cacao to add to my post workout shake with some dex and wpi.

Cheers
Your not looking forward to contributing, you just spammed the website. Prove me wrong and contribute instead of one post and I'll re-instate the website you posted.

Last edited:
Natures Way Sports Edge whey 400grams
35g Protein per serve
around the $25 dollar mark at safeway
chocolate - doesnt taste too good, but it worked very well for me in my opinion

At over $60/kg that would be some expensive protein..Was it laced with gold nuggets, fuck me?
You mad.

I'm surprised this hasn't been said...

Harden up and buy online... You sound like my wog grandparents who are 60yrs old and un educated and claim that if you buy something online with a credit card they will steal all your money...

How hard can it be to buy from a trusted source?

Once you go to the check out the URL should change from http: to https: meaning it is secure... If they have an ABN what more could you be worried about?

I have bought from sites in a different language and my credit card is fine lol...

Or you could go spend 38828x more money on leas quality products from woolworths and health food stores...

Supplement store...........theres millions...every corner of every street in the world lol

I recommend the afore mentioned bulknutients.com.au & biflex.com.au. They are the same crowd, an Australia company, good quality for a reasonable price. They have generously sponored the sport of powerlifting in Austalia as well and as someone passionate about PL this was a good reason to give them a go but now they have become my preferred source on merit cause I'm happy with what I get.

I'm surprised this hasn't been said...

Harden up and buy online... You sound like my wog grandparents who are 60yrs old and un educated and claim that if you buy something online with a credit card they will steal all your money...

How hard can it be to buy from a trusted source?

Once you go to the check out the URL should change from http: to https: meaning it is secure... If they have an ABN what more could you be worried about?

I have bought from sites in a different language and my credit card is fine lol...

Or you could go spend 38828x more money on leas quality products from woolworths and health food stores...

LOL
i use a combination of bulknutrients, double barrel nutrition and professional whey. no dramas