• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My diet, suggestions please?

T

Timguyperson

I currently am very lean, bit of muscle from training the last 6 months or so (gained around 8kg), currently 6'2" at approx 80kg. Below is just an example of my diet, used what I am eating today for the example. Any suggestions would be really appreciated, I'm trying to bulk up a lot, and eat very healthy at the same time, without much meat at all because I'm trying to keep a semi vegetarian diet right now because I've been doing a lot of reading and apparently it is healthier. I'm not sure if my calculations for everything are correct, so please let me know if I'm wrong on anything. Thanks. Tim.

Breakfast:
3x potatos + cheese + butter approx = 600 cal
Table spoon wheatgrass

Morning Tea:
Roast beef sandwich = 500 cal

Lunch:
3x potatos + cheese + butter approx = 600 cal

Afternoon Shake:
500ml soy milk = 260 cal (32gram protein)
4x eggs = (25 gram protein) & (277 cal)
(35 grams of protein) from powder & = 302 cal

Afternoon tea:
4 weet bix = 200 cal
500ml soy milk = 260 cal ((32gram protein)

1 banana = 100 cal

Dinner:
omellte (4 eggs, 1/2 onion, 1 tomato, garlic, cheese) approx =500 cal (25 grams of protein)
brocoli in butter= 50 cal approx
Table spoon wheatgrass

Night time shake:
500ml soy milk = 260 cal
4x eggs = (25 gram protein) & (277 cal)
(35 grams of protein) from powder & = 302 cal

Totals

4488 cal

216 grams protein

Oh just quickly, I'm currently doing a lot of physical labour, my work during the holiday involves 8 hour days of constant heavy lifting, ranging from 15kg to 40kg and occasionally 60kg. Then I am working out 3 times a week doing lots of heavy lifting exercises.

Why you drinking Soy, it's nowhere near as good as real milk, you lactose intolerant?

Also, first 3 meals is virtually zero protein, except for a little bit of roast beef.

I like soy milk more than regular milk, plus the difference is minimal in the amount of protein and calories, and soy milk has more vitamins etc... from what I've read. And yeah lots of milk does make me feel a bit shitty, plus a lot of dairy apparently isn't very good for you, read some stuff which reports it as increasing the chance of a lot of health problems.

I usually have weet bix and soy milk in the morning, so that's about 30gram of protein. On days I don't do that I might just have a protein shake in the morning as well. Is it important to get protein as soon as you wake up?

Cheers for the feedback. Am I right for the amount of calories I'm getting everyday, with the amount of exercise/physical labour I do?

Soy is shit. The amino profile is not complete being plant based and it has been known to increase estrogen levels, which is a BB worse nightmare.

Some of those meals are low in protein. Aim for 40-50gms of protein every 3hrs or thereabouts.

What does increased estrogen levels do? Bitch tits? Are there any alternatives to milk besides soy?

Yeah, like Shrek said, soy is shit, get the real animal proteins.

I usually have weet bix and soy milk in the morning, so that's about 30gram of protein.
I would count this as zero protein, no complete proteins in there at all.

where can you get complete proteins besides milk and meat? can you?

Soy! And, aside from soy, you can get complete proteins from non-animal sources if you combine incomplete proteins.

Snook,
I guess it depends on what article you read. Some say complete other's do not.

Whey protein is complete protein whereas soy protein is mostly incomplete protein as it is low in the essential amino acid methionine. If you complement the mostly incomplete protein in soy protein with the mostly incomplete protein (low in the essential amino acid lysine) in bread, cereals, pasta or rice you get complete protein. This combining is known as protein complementing.

Soy Protein, which comes from the soy bean, while popular with vegetarians, is slightly inferior to whey, egg and casein protein. While this may be true based upon its incomplete amino acid profile.
Whey, Casein, or Soy?

This is interesting, I have come across a number of anti-soya bean sites in my time. For example this one, which is really damning:

THE DOWNSIDE OF SOYBEAN CONSUMPTION

But why do we never see the down sides from reputable sources (like the CSIRO, and the US Food and Drug Administration)? I'm not saying that the downside aren't true, I simply don't know if they are or aren't.

I believe scooby, from scooby's workshop, uses soya:

vegetarianism and bodybuilding - can a bodybuilder gain muscle and lose fat while on a vegetarian diet? (Actually he uses whey)

And there is always the vegan bodybuilder:

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Try some nuts they have protien good for a snak anyways. Could also try add some more veg maybe not more but different, potatoes r good but different veg are good as they give different micro-nutrients which aid in the bodys function.

I just read somewhere, that isolated soy protein is a complete protein, is this true?

One Square Meal - Ingredients

Isolated Soy Protein
To deliver high quality protein we chose Isolated Soy Protein for One Square Meal because it has the highest possible quality protein score. It is very digestible, and not only provides all the essential amino acids your body must get from food, but these essential amino acids are present in the right balance to meet human needs. Soy protein is also a good source of micronutrients such as iron, phosphorus, copper and folate, and bioactive phytonutrients such as the isoflavones genistein, daidzein, and glycitein.
As soy is often associated with genetic modification we ensure our soy protein is guaranteed to be made from non-GM soybeans.

I'm really liking soy right now though. It tastes so much better, and since I've switch my diet to at least try and encorporate vegies and healthier food into it, I've been feeling really good, lots of energy. Haven't had maccas for a while now, and I was having a burger a day before. No wonder I was always getting sick.

I'm 22 yrs old. 191cm tall (6'2") Currently I'm about 80kg. My goal by the end of the year is about 90 - 95kg. Not sure what my body fat% is. Don't even know how to work it out. But right now I'd say it is very low as I am very lean. I can post a pic if you want so it gives you an idea.

Meal 1: Pro/Carb

8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal

50g protein / 54g carbs / 5g fat

Meal 2: Pro/Fat

Lean Ground Beef, ¼ cup swiss cheese, green veggies

55g protein / 2g carbs / 20g fat

Meal 3: Pro/Carb

Chicken Breast, 1 and a half cup Brown Rice

55g protein / 64g carbs / 3g Fat
**Disclaimer: Meal 3 can be a pro/fat meal if you are ultra sensitive to carb intake.

Meal 4: Pro/Fat

2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, Veggies

60g protein / 2g carbs / 13g Fat

Workout

Meal 5: PWO Nutrition

2 Scoops Whey Protein / 80g of Dextrose

40g protein / 80g carbs / 0g fat

Meal 6: PPWO

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, ½ cup Brown Rice (Measured Uncooked)

50g protein / 70g carbs / 3g fat

Meal 7: Pro/Fat

Lean Protein of your choice, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
50g protein / 5g carbs / 18g fat

Meal 8: Before Bed

3 Scoops of Whey Protein, 1.5 Tbsp. Flax Seed