• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Spaghetti squash

For years this vegetable has eluded me. I have read about it time and time again in low carb recipe books and on websites, but have never found it in Australia- and I have searched across three states/territories (although unsure if SA and ACT should count).

It suddenly dawned on me that it could possibly go by another name in Australia. Internet searches haven't given me any results and people who work in fruit n veg shops look at me like I am making this vegetable up.

Does anyone know what it is called in Australia?

Spaghetti_squash.jpg

spaghetti-squash.jpg

450px-Spaghetti_Squash_cooked_and_prepared_3.jpg

spSquash_4.jpg

Chuck in the meat balls and you have a low carb pasta-ish dish. I want to find this damn squash! After four years its starting to become a bit of an obsession.

Wouldn't it be amusing to take all that time to plant and grow your own only to find out it taste like the proverbial "ass".

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking, looks good, tastes shit !

You could always sell them to the other suckers trying to source these things.

OK- its time for me to move from an apartment to somewhere that at least has a balcony. That way I can get a BBQ, a puppy and grow spaghetti squash.

This is similar, if not the same, to a type of pumpkin that my Portuguese in-laws grow to use in a type of sweet. I think you might find it difficult to grow in a pot on a balcony as they have long runners. I've tasted the sweet and it is pretty bland, they also add quite a bit of sugar. I wouldn't bother :)

Don't give up the search - My gran used to serve spaghetti squash to us when we were kids as a healthy alternative to pasta and we loved it. That was in the UK, but now I'm living in Sydney it would be great to find a supplier. I might also try growing it on the balcony :)

BreeBree. I too am really keen to get hold of spaghetti squash. I found a seller on ebay who has the seeds, but I can't post URL's for you yet as I am new to this forum. I suggest you go to ebay dot com dot au and look up the seller: holydooly6

I live in Tasmania and I I don't think I can get the seeds into the state due to quarantine laws, however :( If anyone has any more ideas I'd be really grateful!!!!!