• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Horleys

P

pripho

Hi, this is my first thread and i'm really sorry is this question (thats I am about to ask) have been asked already, so if it had, then please post a link and thats all, thanks.

The question goes to Shrek; why do you say that Horleys is crap? I compare the Horleys Ice Whey and the ON 100% Whey products and the Horleys one is much more superior since it has more of amino acids than the other does. Also, the Horleys gives more in carbs and protein. So, I am wondering why would you say this is crap...I am very curious because I am recently thinking about purchasing this product.

Thanks for reading this :)

Take care

The cost to benefit ratio is huge. I compare it to unbranded bulk protein and the savings are enormous and cannot be justified in my opinion. If you want to pay big $$$ for protein powder go ahead, I for one do not see the need when bulk protein may be 90% as good but 50% cheaper in price not quality.

With this unbranded protein powders that you are talking about Shrek do these come with nutrition panels that indicate what ratios of amino acids are in them ??

from my short experience, horleys is good but overpriced.... its like buying a sony dvd player when you can get an LG for half price with same features

i made the mistake of purchasing the horleys 3kg ice (top of the line) for $149.. now i go through proteindirect, picked up 10kgs for $187 - good stuff!

thanks guys,

also, what do you think about maxs?
i wont buy horleys

from my short experience, horleys is good but overpriced.... its like buying a sony dvd player when you can get an LG for half price with same features

i made the mistake of purchasing the horleys 3kg ice (top of the line) for $149.. now i go through proteindirect, picked up 10kgs for $187 - good stuff!

I don't think the Sony vs LG was a good example, because LG, even at 1/2 price of the Sony is still a bad deal.

But I know what you mean :)

hmmm many factors to consider but im one of the guys that would actually pay abit more for something that tastes good , like drinking , good set calories and added extras. its more worthwhile for me , that i use it and make the most of it then finding something i bought half the price and dread drinking !. im still using 5 kgs of muscle milk i bought for 90.00 ( cookies and cream ) tastes awesome.

What makes you think just because it's not a branded protein it won't taste good. I have unflavoured and i have chocolate and it taste great?

you guys should try out cytosport - muscle milk, cookies n creme flavour. Tastes very good.

Cytosport is complety different to a stock standerd protein like Horleys ICE or ON....

and considering the main talking point is price...

Cytosport might be a little dear!

Mal

im just a little curious, where do you guys buy your supplements? Ive been buying all my products online. how about you guys ?