• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much do you pay for gym membership?

howzit

I just signed up at the Arena in Aramdale, WA for 3 months for $235. Just wondering what sort of prices you folks here are paying. My gym is pretty new and is a council funded gym, I thought it was quite expensive. I came from a gym in NZ where I paid $450NZ up front for the whole year, was much bigger and better too.

Reason why I went for 3 months is cause of uni, where I will hopefully join a uni gym, probably Murdoch or UWA. Anyone know any prices for students?

Cheers

last time I was a member of a gym 2-3 years ago i was paying $35 a fortnight on a yearly contract. Expensive shit. Glad I train at home now.

Last edited:
I pay about $42 a fortnight.

Gym I used to work at was $995 upfront for 12 months for students, or $44 per fortnight. Students got a 12 month membership for the price of a 12 month membership.

I pay $240 for a year at the Uni gym :)

You can get massive student discounts at other gyms that aren't part of your uni if you are studying.

What gym is this at Jevan? I looked at the gyms in the schools I applied at and they are around $400-$450 upfront for students. Sick shit.

My old gym, Massey university gym, had discounts for their students. Their students paid NZ$123 per year :eek:

Bond, but we pay ridiculous tuition fees (well, not me; scholarship). $80 student activities fee per trimester (3 trimesters a year) gives access to gym, pool, all equipment :)

Disappointed to learn the activities fee is increasing to $110 next year, so I'll have to revise that figure to $330 for my final year of uni.

I see, well, I don't think I have it too bad here considering what some of you guys are paying :/

Mine works out to a little less than $30 a month but I got a good deal. Normally its around $50 give or take a month in South Australia.

My gym costs $49.95 a month.

And is 24 hour access with a swipe card.

Anything over $50 a month I think it is better to look at buying your own gear. Assuming you have room.

I paid $850 for 13 months (got one month free). Otherwise I think it is $19 a week. Gyms are expensive, but since I go at least 5 days a week, I know I am getting my monies worth.

$0.
i live in a resort, the fitness centre is apart of the facilities :)

Yeah, but you pay for the gym with your rent, or when you bought the resort unit outright.
There would also be strata fees to support facilities.

Where is this resort you live in, sounds like a good lifestyle :)

Jealous :mad:

$99 for the year.

But I now have a home gym setup so I doubt i'll renew my membership once it's up.

Was previously paying $25/fortnight at another gym. The $99 one has older equipment but does the job.

Just got a $99 deal for 3 months in Perth. Gym is actually pretty decent, but around a 10min drive away.

Once this expires i'm pretty sure they wont offer me anything half decent, so intending to join a gym down the road for about $550 for 12mths.

Quite a few gyms in my area, so the competition is pretty good. I know a few gyms in the Perth CBD wanting $1000 a year.