• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you eat Kangaroos ?

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
Got some kangaroo sausages yesterday, not too bad.
Have had a marinated kangaroo stek before, but didn't like it.
The sausages were ok though, very red meat.

The greatest thing is that it's only 1% fat !!!
And awesome protein content of 20%.

How does this not beat every other form of meat out there?

And much cheaper than other meats too !!

Might make the kanga sausages a major part of my diet.

Its a very rich flavour though isnt it?
Ive never tried the sausages before, so they arent packed with other fillers like fat or breadcrumbs etc like some of the beef sausages are they?

How much per kilo are they roughly?
I wish they had venison nearby, that tastes so good

Cheers

Don't eat kangaroo , the thought of eating something that is on our national emblem is a lot like burning the australian flag

(although burning a flag is also the correct way to dispose of it when it becomes dilapidated, only if done in a respectible manner or private cermeony)

Or maybe it makes one more Australian to eat its national symbol? hehe

Ive tried the steak before and didnt really like it. I'll give the sausages a go. Theres a place South of Mackay on the Bruce Highway that sells Roo burgers, it was pretty nice!

Don't eat kangaroo , the thought of eating something that is on our national emblem is a lot like burning the australian flag

(although burning a flag is also the correct way to dispose of it when it becomes dilapidated, only if done in a respectible manner or private cermeony)

Would you eat cats and dogs before you eat kangaroo?

Aboriginies eat kangaroo all the time and they were on this land before us.
Are you going to tell them not to eat kangaroo?

I can think of alot worse things to eat.

not telling anyone what they can and can't eat , just my personal views

i saw kangaroo kebabs at a kebabshop on george st
i was pretty suprised...
the guy serving me was french .. weird yer?

Love the furry buggers. Just cook it very quickly on a high heat.

I grew up in the country, went 'roo bashing' as a kid, so have no problems with causing damage to a national icon. Might as well eat one that is less harmful to the environment. Too many of them about anyway.

Coles and Woolies stock kangaroo and I assume that they are in Perth.

One thing I have never understood with internet forums is why people don't look to see if something is available near them, rather than be lazy and ask, assuming that everyone knows absolutely everything stocked in their area.

Anyhow, there is my rant for the day.

Coles and Woolies stock kangaroo and I assume that they are in Perth.

One thing I have never understood with internet forums is why people don't look to see if something is available near them, rather than be lazy and ask, assuming that everyone knows absolutely everything stocked in their area.

Anyhow, there is my rant for the day.

I'm new in this country and IMO Kangaroo meat doesn't sound as common as chicken to me. I would class it something rarer like venison perhaps so I thought it would only be available at a specialty meat store.

You'd be surprised. Kangaroo meat has become really popular, even though a lot of people are still a bit funny about eating it. Guess emu and crocodile will eventually become more readily available as well.

But if you like richer meats like venison, you will enjoy it. Just remember, super low in fat, so cook it quickly on a high heat. I find it works best in stir-fries. Still a bit ho-hum with the sausages.

Howzit, Kangaroo fillets and sausages are available at Woolworths.

Also, if anyone can find it, try baby goat. Tastes awesome and is lean as hell.

Yes I do. Thanks to hulk I went out and bought some kanga bangas from coles today, $7.49 per kilo so it only cost me $3.55 for 7. They are suprisingly good and as hulk said a protein content of 20%, I will definately be including them in my diet.

Yes, they are quite cheap and good protein content with no fat at all.

Reminds me, I still have a pack of 7 sausages in the fridge, will have them tonight.