• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

which protein?

jasol88

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both similar in that they are a blend of WPI and WPC, from memory the Dymatize has a higher WPI content so i would go with that.

I havent tried the dymatize elite, but the optimum gold standard is one of the best mixing proteins ive had - no lumps and the taste is really nice. Just stay away from the rocky road flavour as it tastes like cough medicine.

thanks for that,
cheers for the heads up on the rocky road flavour i was ganna get that if i chose the ON lol
the elite mixs really well aswell and the taste isnt bad, might stick to it as it 20 buxs cheaper

Elite mixes very well and has about 10 dif flavours. ON whey is not a bad choice either.
In my opinio though you can get something like Profelx Bioflex - Proflex which also has cassein that way you have 3 types of protein and is also good before bed because of the Cassein. Cheaper and free delivery.

The dymatize looks good, I might even give that a go next time.

Shame syntrax nectar isnt cheaper, i love the taste of that stuff and would buy in bulk if I could get it at a good price!

casein at www.myopure.com.au isnt too bad when mixed 1 scoop casein with one scoop your regular whey powder, chalky on its own though.

While were on the subject, has anyone taken the Redbak products before?
I picked up a small container of the WPI Stack, mosty because of price and size so i could fit it in my back pack, I ride a motorbike. Ive found the taste really nice goes very smooth when shaken well.

Redbak

Hey guys why not try Champion Nutrition Protein which is made of 80% WPI and only 20% WPC comes in 2.3kg tubs and with the discount coupon that i offer Aub10% on checkout it comes out to be 66.55 each.

Now that is cheap and it tastes better than Dymatize and ON, hell i will even throw in some samples to make it worth your while.

Click on the link below for more information

PUMP - Personal Training

Hey golden Hurricane have you checked out my prices on Champion Nutrition webpage the prices quoted on Myopure For L-Glutamine is is over $45 for half a kilo , i am selling it for 38.95 plus 10% off which is even cheaper, and you know what it's 100% PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE, Creatine Monohydrate 1.8 kg under $50 you cant get better than that.

Use your discount Coupon on checkout Aub10%

And you know what this is no name brand, this is just a brief rundown on the company

Champion Nutrition is a Sunrise, FL based marketer and manufacturer of performance‐based sports nutrition products. Champion maintains its own 135,000 square‐foot GMP‐certified manufacturing facility. Currently in their 25th year, Champion’s attention to product formulation, quality, and taste have kept it as one of the most well‐respected sports nutrition companies in the industry.

Champion Nutrition has been selling high quality products for over 25 years.

With shipping though the champion nutrition works out at roughly $33.30 / kg whereas the dymatize with shipping is only $30.40 and the dymatize and ON are about 80% protein whereas the champion nutrition is only 72% protein.

I know these are only small differences in costs but it adds up when you go through a lot of it.

cheers for the offer anyway though
I will definitely be checking out your creatine next time im due for some.

H

Elite Whey Protein 4.4Lbs

Serving Size: 33g
Servings Per Container: 61

Amount Per Serving:
Calories 129
Calories From Fat 21
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 190mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 6g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2g 2%
Sugars 0g
Potassium 210mg 6%
Protein 21g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 25%
Iron 15%
Thiamin 6%
Folate 10%
Phosphorus 30%
Magnesium 6%
Zinc 8%

Optimum Whey 5Lbs

Container Size: 5 Lbs.
Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings Per Container: 74

Amount Per Serving:

Calories: 120
-Calories from Fat: 10
Total Fat: 1g
-Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Cholesterol: 30mg
Total Carbohydrates: 3g
-Sugars: 1g
Protein: 24g
Calcium: 140mg
Sodium: 60mg
Potassium: 220mg
-Lactase --

Champion Nutrition 5Lbs {Based On Vanilla Flavour}

Serving Size: 1 scoop (32g)
Servings Per Container: 71

Amount
Per Serving Value

Total Calories 130

Calories From Fat 25
Total Fat 2.5 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 55 mg
Sodium 100 mg
Potassium 160 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1.5g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 26 g
Calcium 18%
Phosphorus 12%
Magnesium 5%

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

No Aspartame, No Fillers, Low Lactose

Well on paper guys Champion looks better especially the fact that it has more protein per serving 26 grams as opposed to 24 grams from ON makes a slight difference, furthermore if you break down the 5Lbs cost it is 74.25 thats almost 8 dollars more than 66.55.

All i need now is which state you are from to calculate freight, fastway charges a flat rate of 8.55 for up to 5kg you could buy 2 tubs of 5lbs for 8.55 delivery cost in Melbourne, if you live in Melb Metro it is same day delivery or if you are from Sydney it's 12.55 for the first 5 kg.

Anyway the stats are there you guys can make up your own minds;)

Im in NSW.
The stats above seem to be a bit different to the info on the websites.

On your website says champion whey (2.3kg bottle) : 23g protein / 32 g serve = 72% protein = $32.15/kg without shipping

The links above : Diamatize elite whey (4.55kg bottle): 23g protein / 28.8 g serve = 80% protein = $27.46 / kg without shipping

ON whey (4.7kg bag): 24g protein / 30 g serve = 80% protein = $31.6/kg without shipping

Last edited:
With Champion Nutrition it varies from flavour to flavour, i did say based on Vanilla, which has the highest protein content.

If you live in Sydney it is 2-3 days delivery, and the whole package is garanteed for up to $1500.00 if it is lost or damaged, this is the advantage of using a courier over the post, and it's faster, up to 10kg delivery for only $12.55.

I usually take this ;) (per glass mmmm healthy haha)

Energy:1,570.0 kJ375.2 kcalProtein:12.6 gFat:10.5 g-Saturated Fat:7.0 g-Mono-Unsaturated Fat:2.6 g-Poly-Unsaturated Fat:0.3 g-Omega 3 Fat:- mgTotal Carbohydrates:59.8 g-Complex Carbs:12.8 g-Sugar:47.0 gFibre:0.0 gWater Content:1.6 mLAlcohol:0.0 gCholesterol:28.0 mgCaffeine:- mgVITAMINS & MINERALSSodium:290.0 mgPotassium:950.0 mgCalcium:420.0 mgPhosphorus:620.0 mgMagnesium:170.0 mgIron:25.0 mgZinc:1.9 mgAluminium:- ugAntimony:- ugArsenic:- ugCadnium:- ugChromium:- ugCobalt:- ugCopper:- mgFluoride:- ugIodine:- ugLead:- ugManganese:- mgMercury:- ugMolybdenum:- ugNickel:- ugSelenium:- ugSulphur:- mgTin:- ugRetinol Eq.:880.0 ugRetinol:870.0 ugBeta-Carotene Eq.:53.0 ugThiamin (B1):2.6 mgRiboflavin (B2):1.2 mgNiacin (B3) Eq.:5.8 mgNiacin (B3):2.9 mgFolate:0.0 mgVitamin C:110.0 mgVitamin B5:- mgVitamin B6:- mgVitamin B7:- ugVitamin B12:- ugVitamin D:- ugVitamin E:- mg

Last edited:
I got the dymatize 1 x pina colada and 1 x banana flavour. Will let you know what the flavours and mixing quality is like soon.

Cheers

I think I may go back too the MRM Metobolic Whey or Try the Gold or the Champion. I'm on the Redbak Whey Stack at the moment and its playing Havoc with my body The MRM didnt do this at all!