• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The bitter-sweet truth about vitamin water

J

jentec

Many of you are mostly likely already aware of vitamin water and sports water drinks , I came across this article so thought i might put it up here for others to read across

VITAMIN and sports water drinks are so laden with sugar and caffeine that claims about their health-giving benefits should be taken with a grain of salt, nutritionists have warned.
Despite their labels touting their ability to "revive" consumers and improve their "focus" and "energy", the drinks are simply "artificial concoctions" of additives more likely to undermine drinkers' health than improve it, Foodwatch nutritionist Catherine Saxelby said.

The bitter-sweet truth about vitamin water | theage.com.au

Good find. I see no benefit in drinking this stuff. Drink plain water and take a multi vitamin, save a bucketload of cash too.

Amuses me seeing people paying $3-$5 for a bottle of water or a bottle of water with cordial

The thing that cracks me up is hearing people complaining about paying $1.35 for a litre of petrol , but they will happily pay 3 times that amount for 600mls of water

It still boggles my mind that people consider this some big surprise.

Hello? We live in Australia where all food items have a nutrition panel right there on the packet/box/bottle/whatever.

Don't people ever bother to check what they're putting into their bodies? *shakes head*

I hate the news its so negative and full of lies. I dont know how journalists live with themselves half the time.