• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

REVIEW: Great recipe book for serious bodybuilders

G

Golden Hurricane

BTW if anyone wants a good recipe book for bodybuilders, a great one i bought ages ago is one called Gourmet Nutrition, written by John Berardi. I cant recommend this highly enough if your getting bored of your plain bodybuilding food and the tuna is starting to taste like wood shavings.

Its broken down into different sections based on meat, chicken, seafood, side dishes, deserts, smoothies etc etc and for each recipe it classfies it as being suitable for any meal of the day or only for post workout.

It also breaks the recipe down into nutrient profiles, including how many grams of protein, carbs, fats and how many servings etc.

The recipes all use fairly similar ingredients and so your shopping list is very easy to get.

You can make healthy food that tastes good, especially if you love messing around in the kitchen like I do. The way the protein meals are structured vs the meals only for post workout means its easy to put on lean mass whilst losing or maintaining bodyfat. And yes you can do that.. ive done it.

A favourite of mine is the texas thin crust pizza using thin whole wheat tortillas and premium grade low fat beef mince with balsamic vinegar soaked capsicum, red onion, cherry tomatoes and garlic. YUM! I once made a whole freezer full of these on a sunday afternoon and then just pulled them out one by one at lunch time and heated them as i went. So easy. And each one gives you 52.5 g protein.

Cheers
H

Last edited:
The first older version was an ebook i think. The newer one, which is the one i have, is a book i ordered over the net. There may be another version out by now im not sure.

there is a desert sample ebook here: Precision Nutrition Gourmet Nutrition Desserts

I find i dont use the deserts often though, but it shows u the rough style of what the rest of the book is set out like. A lot of these deserts are for post-workout (2-3hrs) though.

The normal savoury meal recipes suggest variations to the recipe depending on different tastes etc and recommend which sides go with whcih mains etc

Last edited:
Well looky here, I found the first edition (ebook) :
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Dont say Im not good to you! :D

The only problem with this ebook is it doesnt have a picture of each of the meals. The hardcopy version 2 has different recipes with pictures and a better layout etc similar to the desert sample ebook above.

Most people would do well to follow the general principles he talks about at the beginning. The restriction of starchy carbs till around workout time is something that has certainly made a great impact on my condition over the years.

*** make sure you take note at the top of each recipe if it is for "anytime" or just "post workout".
the other thing is he uses coconut oil or butter a lot, which I switch for olive oil spray or olive oil, and turkey which i switch for chicken or something similar.

Cheers,
Have fun!

Last edited:
I know this thread is a bit old, but I tried that link and now you have to be a premium member. that Sux

A sample of the new book is here: gourmetnutrition dot com/sample dot pdf (cant post links... first post :D)

It has the texas thin crust pizza you were talking about GH, looks good. Where abouts did you order the book from, the website is pretty expensive for shipping to aus (cost more for shipping than the book lol)?