• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet Review

G

Golden Hurricane

Well I guess I will start by posting my current diet for anyone to critique and perhaps give a few tips in case I'm missing something. Just to be clear, Ive had good results with this in the past and it allowed me to bulk cleanly whilst losing bodyfat. Im not a fan of the bulk then cut phasing, so please dont try to change it totally. Cheers! :D

My stats:
Weight: 101 kg, BF% = ? not sure, carrying a bit of extra padding round the gut but not heaps.
Aim: shed the waist fat and bulk up again.

Meal 1
3 eggs
olive oil spray
1 WPC protein shake or frozen egg whites to make up the same protein content.
3 fish oil caps
cold water

Meal 2
1/2 can 425g tin tuna in springwater
salad
fat free salad dressing
cold water

Meal 3
Chicken breast
olive oil spray
salad
fat free salad dressing
cold water

Meal 4
Steak (topside or low fat equivalent)
Olive oil spray
Salad
fat free salad dressing
cold water

Meal 5 (just pre or during workout)
WPI/WPC blend 2 scoops
Cell-tech or Dextrose equivalent
cold water

Meal 6 (post workout)
WPI/WPC blend 2 scoops
1 white potato
1 cup broccoli
cold water

Meal 7
Steak
Olive oil spray
Salad
Fat free salad dressing
Low fat natural yoghurt + handful frozen raspberries + small amt. Splenda
cold water

Meal 8
calcium caseinate 1 sccop
WPC 1 scoop
3 fish oil caps
cold water

Each meal averages somewhere in the vicinity of 40-50g protein.

TOTAL KJ: 12354, Protein: 382.95 (56%), Carbs: 204.6 (30%), Fat: 92.6 (14%)

Last edited:
Seems fine, although I notice the lack of carbs.
Also post workout just have the shake with dextrose, wait 30mins and then have youer meal.

Alright cool. So your saying have dextrose with the pre/during AND the post workout shake right? i have 90g dextrose with the pre shake, should i have another 90g with the post shake or split it up. Just I remember reading somewhere about 90g or higher is whats needed to get a proper insulin spike compared to the old 40-50g they use to propose.

Yeah i know there arent many starchy carbs but I find I still have plenty of energy and my strength doesnt seem to be affected with this. This way I can shed the fat to some degree too.

Cheers

I don't think you really need the dextrose pre-workout because you should have your shake about 1hr pre-workout and the Cell tech before workout. I think Cell Tech has some form of simple sugar already so no need for more.

P.S- Cell tech is mighty expensive for of creatine. Just get mono and dextrose for 1/4 of the price.

yeah, the latest info ive heard recommend drinking a protein and high GI carb drink while you workout, which is why ive chosen to drink it just before or sip it as i workout. Not sure if anyone else does the same thing here, will be interesting to see.

I managed to get hold of some inexpensive cell-tech which is why i currently use that (it has 75g dextrose and 10g creatine per serve already in it). Otherwise yeah, i normally get the normal creatine and add the 90g dextrose myself.

Anyway thanks for the quick replies.
I guess it just goes to show, as with a lot of these things, theres more than one way to skin a cat. But i appreciate the input.

Cheers.

Last edited:
$209 + deliver for some creatine mono and dextrose. You could get nealy 10kg's of mono amd a shitload of dextrose for that price.

hahaha i know i know. Ive heard the cell-tech rant before

call me a sucker. Ignorance is bliss.

No when i run out of this, I'll switch back again. I just wanted to give it a try and see. A couple of my mates swear by it and i have used it ages ago when i first started. Everyone has their own way of doing things i guess, and associated costs. :D

too true. Buts it often the only way to find out for yourself. Especially since some supps seem to work for one person and not for another.

Im a bit like you i think, i like to understand how a product works, but sometimes I'll give it a go anyway even when it seems like b.s.
No effect? --> move on to the next one.

Last edited: