• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's the dif betweeen WPI and WPC

WPI is more pure and has a quicker absorbtion time (about 10%) due to it's extensive filtering process. WPI is usually 90%+ protein and WPC is 80%. But unless you are lactose intolerant or dieting for competition WPC is much better value unless you have plenty of cash to slash around.
I use WPC year round unless I'm and I am on calorie deficit and do not want the extra cals or carbs from WPC.

I've always wondered this too.
Might try the WPC next time.

What about casein?
I usually have a scoop of whey in milk before bed, and again at 3am nect to my bed.
Is casein protein better, heard it tastes bad though, or doesn't mix well?

Cassein is a slower realease protein up to 6hrs from memory. I use a 20g Caseein 20gm WPI or WPC before bed that way you get a fast acting protein and a slower acting protein all night. Cassein is good alsomif you know you are going to miss a meal, this way you'll have protein slowly releasing over a few hours.

Yeah WPC tends to have a bit more fat content in it, which is probably part of the reason it is slower to absorb than WPI (higher protein without as many carbs and fat).

As mentioned casein is a slow release protein that forms a curd in your stomach and releases small amounts of protein over roughly 7 hours. The lower levels of protein from casein will help prevent muscle catabolism (slow the loss of your existing muscles) but doesnt do much for building new muscle. Thats where you need a faster higher peak protein like WPC or WPI.

Generally WPI is best around workouts (before and after) when you want the fastest absorbing protein to get into your muscle quick. I'd use WPC if you were going to supplement with shakes throughout the rest of the day.

If you were going to add in casein as well, i would have it in the morning, and another one just before bed (half WPC/half caseinate). This is if you train in the afternoons.

Other things that can slow the gut transit time for WPC (so it doesnt go right through you), are fibrous vegetables like broccoli and green beans. Aside from anything these fibrous vegies take energy to process so can assist in weight loss to some degree.

Cheers,
H

Last edited:
WPC only absorbs around 5-10 mins slower than WPI so it's really a no brainer. WPC has a higher carb content than WPI. I wouldn't worry about the absorption rates.

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend some WPI as i'm lactose intolerant.

I tried visiting pure supplement powders, but there is something wrong with the site.

I'm after a non big branded WPI.

Cheers