• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine

mike367

It seems Creatine is found mainly in fresh meat, vegetables contain no Creatine!!!

Creatine Ethyl Ester
Creatine Creapure Micronised Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine triple stack

Which one is it that I should be taking?

Gen-tec claim their Creatine is naturaly derived from plant material. So who do I belive GEN-TEC or Wikipedia?

Creatine Monohydrate Mike.

It's the only one that has been proven to work. The others have studies which support their claims of why the process of deriving/processing it SHOULD work.

Big difference there.

I got mine from fitness central under advice from shrek.
Best move I ever made. Cost me $35 for a kg of the stuff and it works great, good quality, no problems mixing with liquid, no chunks left over etc

Thanks lads.
I hope the Creatine and increasing me protein intake to 3 or 4 serves will give better results.
Cheers,
Mike

Are you using the micronised creatine monohydrate?

Did you load first?

What about cycling?

So many questions....

Are you using the micronised creatine monohydrate? YES, the best one

Did you load first? No, It just takes a little longer for peak saturation.

What about cycling? Like everything you should cycle it. 8 weeks with 2-3 weeks off is good, but you can go a little longer, it won't hurt.

So many questions.... Next

Ok, thanks and.......

You say to cycle everthing, including protein?
Does caffine or orange juice have any effect on creatine?
Can it be mixed with soy or whey protien in milk?
Is it best to take it in the morning or after work out?

On a different note I've just measured myself and next to no gains for the month. Half inch around the chest and maybe an eighth on each bicep.
Really p:mad::mad::mad:d of with that!
So I'm starting Bill Stars 5 x 5 next monday!
I have no way of doing Hypers, what should I do instead?
I assume the dumbbell row, is one arm upright rows?

Thanks for the help!

Ok, thanks and.......

You say to cycle everthing, including protein? PROTEIN IS FOOD, DO NOY CYCLE FOOD.lol
Does caffine or orange juice have any effect on creatine? yes, do not mix with caffeine or citrus juice, use grape juice
Can it be mixed with soy or whey protien in milk? Yes but use grape jiice, dextrose or water.
Is it best to take it in the morning or after work out? Does not really matter with mono as long as you get your 5-10gms per day

On a different note I've just measured myself and next to no gains for the month. Half inch around the chest and maybe an eighth on each bicep.
Really p:mad::mad::mad:d of with that! EAT MORE!!!
So I'm starting Bill Stars 5 x 5 next monday! GOOD MAN!!!
I have no way of doing Hypers, what should I do instead? WHy not? Use a bar or dumbells
I assume the dumbbell row, is one arm upright rows? No, it's a one arm bent over row for back/lats

Thanks for the help!

Upright rows and dumbbell rows are different. You can still do upright rows with dumbbells if thats all you have. Like almost all exercises you can substitute with dumbbells and alot of the time it makes the exercise even better with a better range of motion and engaging more stabalisers,

I mix my protein with water, Can i mix the monohydrate in with my Protein?

And just so i have understood correctly, Use the monohydrate for 8 weeks, then get off it for 2-3 weeks and back on for 8 Weeks etc etc?

Creatine is non-hormanal so 8 weeks is just an example, you could go 10 or 12, but then I would have at least 4 weeks off. You can mix the creatine with protein but I like to use grape juice for quicker absorption. You can use dextrose too. Some brands come pre-mixed with a simple carb like dextrose already but then you pay more $$$ for a very cheap filler.

Last edited:
Just use a bar. Stand up , put bar over shoulders and bend at the hips keeping back arched not rounded.

I cannot answer that question.
You'll have to research the long-term use of creatine.

Just use a bar. Stand up , put bar over shoulders and bend at the hips keeping back arched not rounded.

That sounds a bit iffy, what happened to always lift with the legs.:confused:

I'll try it with a fairly light weight and see what happens, the first twinge and I'm stopping.
I really don't want to stuff up my back.

It's not iffy at all. If that were the case no one would do barbell or t-bar rows. You are bending at the hips just as you would with the apparatus, just remember to keep back arched, simple and effective and safe.

It's not iffy at all. If that were the case no one would do barbell or t-bar rows. You are bending at the hips just as you would with the apparatus, just remember to keep back arched, simple and effective and safe.

In both the above exercises the arms seem to do most of the work, while the back is used as support.
With the modified hypers the back is doing all the work. Maybe having the back arched make a difference.

Like I said I'll give it a go and see how it feels.
Cheers,
Mike.

Not quite true, while yes the arms do some work they mainy act as pivots for the lats while the lower back/erectors acts as a stabilizer.
I've been doing those hypers for years with no problems, Start of light and gradually increase the weight as you feel more confident.