• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How comfortable are you in tights?

R

Route7

Although summer is upon us so no more use for winter gear but as i was putting it away for the season it got me wondering: How comfortable are you in tights like when you make a quick stop to go into some shops

botherd me the first couple of times but doesnt bother now.. allthoguh i wouldnt see a movie etc in them lol

Not at all comfortable.

I just wear regular clothes for cycling. We don't all get into padded flamesuits every time we drive cars, why should we get into lycra to cycle? That's for professionals.

Not at all comfortable.

I just wear regular clothes for cycling. We don't all get into padded flamesuits every time we drive cars, why should we get into lycra to cycle? That's for professionals.

when you are doing long rides , the lycra helps protect against chafing and blisters , the snug fit also helps wick away sweat and provides a better aerodynamics

If I ever do a long ride, I'll consider it :D

30km round-trip with a 20 minute meal and water break is the longest I've done. And most cyclists are doing trips shorter than that as commutes.

I rode 35ks on a bmx bike in normal clothes doubling my mate on the handle bars with the back wheel hitting the sides of the frame.

Things you do when you're drunk...

:p

I used to work on the "proximity and numbers rule" when I was racing.

The further you are away from a bike less comfortable you are in the lycra. If your bike isn't visible from where you are, you are entering dangerous territory.

However, this rule can be negated if there is more than one person in lycra. The comfort factor increases at an exponential rate as the number of cyclists increases.

By the way, the other day I cycled 32km and then a couple of hours later 8km, I wore runners, track pants, t-shirt and light rain jacket - I was going to a gym session at PTC Frankston. Nothing horrible happened because I wasn't wearing lycra.

Lycra is only for the super serious road racers and for tossers.
My mate gets all decked out in lycra,sunnies,hat,shoes - all cycling brand stuff-
then drives his car down to the riverside and does 20 odd ks at a leisurley pace every second Saturday.His wife laughs behind his back and sometimes curses him for all the dough he spends,his kids won`t be seen with him.

By the way, the other day I cycled 32km and then a couple of hours later 8km, I wore runners, track pants, t-shirt and light rain jacket - I was going to a gym session at PTC Frankston. Nothing horrible happened because I wasn't wearing lycra.

Ok mate. well done. Now hop onto a road bike with a narrow and very lightly padded seat, and go for a 50k ride with no rest. (if you are seriouse then you better do more like 70km+) do this in trackies and rain jacket or whatever, then in bike lycra. Get back to me after you have done that.

Lycra is only for the super serious road racers and for tossers.
My mate gets all decked out in lycra,sunnies,hat,shoes - all cycling brand stuff-
then drives his car down to the riverside and does 20 odd ks at a leisurley pace every second Saturday.His wife laughs behind his back and sometimes curses him for all the dough he spends,his kids won`t be seen with him.

Ok, mabey your mate is a bit of a tosser granted, but there are plenty of ppl who will never do the tour De France yet will use lycra on their road bike for training and racing.

Guys i think this thread was more directed at actual road bike cyclists who actually train/race any considerable distance and would reasonably wear the proper gear. After all, would you seriously consider doing a weights session wearing a business suit?

Ok mate. well done. Now hop onto a road bike with a narrow and very lightly padded seat, and go for a 50k ride with no rest. (if you are seriouse then you better do more like 70km+) do this in trackies and rain jacket or whatever, then in bike lycra. Get back to me after you have done that.
Yes because every person wearing lycra on their bike is doing 50-70km for that ride :)

Yes because every person wearing lycra on their bike is doing 50-70km for that ride :)

Lol, fair enough. I wear lycra for my rides, but i think i secretly just enjoy wearing something skin tight :p

Well, who doesn't? I was thinking about that when selecting my school t-shirt today, they were a very loose fit, even the 99kg rugby guy had to get a medium, I wanted a small but was too embarrassed since that was what the girls and runty guys were getting :D

Ok, mabey your mate is a bit of a tosser granted, but there are plenty of ppl who will never do the tour De France yet will use lycra on their road bike for training and racing.

Yes,definitely.Even those people who get out on weekends are serious in my book.As long as they do it seriously,how far and how often doesn`t matter.
My mate just goes over board.He has literally thousands of dollars of wear for
the odd weekend stroll.
I have often done 100km days on a mountain bike in shorts with no chaffing.
Now I have a couple of pairs of Oakley MB shorts with built in lycra and padding and what a difference it makes.
Back to the question, I don`t feel comfortable in lycra except in the pool.

feel pretty comfortable until you pull up at a set of traffic light next to a car knowing someone is stareing at you LOL