• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sups for an oldie??

mike367

Hi all
I'm taking a multi vitamin and 30gm of whey or soy protein, (I'm a vege, and eat no meat fish or poultry).
I eat well lots of fresh fruit and veg, water and milk.

I want to build muscle without the fat, its slow, hard work.

I'm 42 years old, do you think I need to take any other sups?

I sleep 8 hours a night, but feel tired alot. I've a physically demanding job, 40 hrs a week.

I train 3 days a week, mon, wed and fri.

So anything else a man my age should be taking?

Cheers,
Mike.

You could try some creatine. Why only 30gms of whey protein? Since you are a vege and can't/won't eat animal protein whey protein would be your best bet for quality protein. Have 3-4 servs of 40gms per day. This should increase your protein intake significantly and keep you in an anabolic state all day hence muscle mass increase (if your training is good)
You could also try an amino acid supp pre and post workout.

3 or 4 serves at 40grams, are you sure? I'll go up to 2 or 3 serves for a month and see what happens.
It seem alot as I thought the dose was 1 gram (protien) per kilo of body weight.
Mind you that would explain why I'm not getting any big gains. My training is good and I push hard, like my "head is gonna explode" lol. I thought the smallish gains were due to me being an old bastard.

No I can't eat eggs. Doc said I've got to lower my cholesterol level it's 5.6 and I need to get it below 5.

F**k I hat getting old.

1 gram protien for 1 kg of body weight howed they come up with that? What if your really fat or have insane bone density? Do they account for that.

I thought eggs raising cholesterol was just a myth?
Don't they actually lower your cholesterol?

I was smacking down whole eggs and 3 litres of full cream milk per day for a while and my cholesterol was quite a bit below average.
However, I did have raised blood pressure, so I cut back on the full cream milk and did some cardio and was good again 1 week later.

I had the same experience as The Hulk. For a while I was eating load of the things and when i was tested at work I had very low cholesterol.

I've done some research on eggs and cholesterol, and it seems the experts ard divided, some say eggs are bad, some say its only the yolks that are bad some say the yolks are ok only if properly cooked and some say eggs are ok no matter what.

I go back for another check in April so i'll find out then if going without them has made any difference. That is the only change I've made, except I'm taking whey/soy protien.

So I'll wait and see.

I'd be smacking down a dozen extra large per day.

I was smacking down whole eggs and 3 litres of full cream milk per day for a while

When you say you're smaking these down, you mean raw in a glass yeah?? I feel my stomach churning already just thinking about that!

I doubt he was meaning chugging them raw. Instead of drinking eggs raw why not just cook them in an omellete or if you wanted to take them with you to work make hard boiled eggs or even make little quiches with spinach are always easy and handy to throw a heap in the freezer and pull out the night before. I just use egg whites with only a couple of yolks.

If you can take whey protein, then great, use that. I would steer clear of the soy protein as it can have plant oestrogens in it that can be detrimental to your efforts to gain muscle.

cheers