• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

capillaries bursting in shoulders

snookmz

I am at the beginning of my weight training and I have noticed something interesting when using the standing squat machine (not sure of the machine's name, there are two padded shoulder rests, and use it to do squats or calf raises). After using the machine it looks like a whole bunch of capillaries burst in both shoulders where the padded shoulder rests lie. This does not occur when I use the barbell for squats, but I find I cannot use the barbell for calf raises (and I'm unable to effectively use the sitting calf raise machine because of some weird nerve issue I've always had).

I have tried doubling up a towel across my shoulders, and it doesn't help (at least not noticeably).

Has anyone else have this problem? My shoulders are very small, this problem might go away once I start to get some decent muscle there.

tinyurl(dot)com/5nxt99 (I can't post URLs yet, you'll have to copy and paste)

Cheers

I know the machine you are talking about. This may sound crazy but could those marks be cause by the towel? Like the marks you get when you leave your watch on for a long time. If pressure is applied it may be the cause. But i dunno???

Pretty sure everybody gets those type of red pressure/rub type marks, especially when starting out.
They will go away in a few days.
Should probably adapt to it after a while when you toughen up.

Thank you for the responses. I will try without the towel, I guess I've never really thought about being without my towel since I read 'the hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy'.