• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Left shoulder is weaker than my right!

kindred

Not sure how this happened, but my left shoulder is substatialy weaker than my right one. So much so that when doing bench press im being held back by its weakness. It causes pain as if it was strained or pulled somehow.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Whata did you do to strengthen it?

Not sure how this happened, but my left shoulder is substatialy weaker than my right one. So much so that when doing bench press im being held back by its weakness. It causes pain as if it was strained or pulled somehow.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Whata did you do to strengthen it?

Joint pain or muscular pain?

If it is causing you pain or discomfort ease back a little before you do any serious damage

It feels like its pulled a little bit. But it seems to happen all the time every time i start lifting weights. Its really bugging me this time because as i said i think its holdng me back. Im sure i could lift heavier or more reps but my left shoulder always seems to let me down.

It feels like its pulled a little bit. But it seems to happen all the time every time i start lifting weights. Its really bugging me this time because as i said i think its holdng me back. Im sure i could lift heavier or more reps but my left shoulder always seems to let me down.

You have probably injured the joint or perhaps the supporting muscles as they are not as strong as the larger muscles in your arm - and I'd hazard that you have injured yourself by going from 40 to 80 kg in the bench - the body is not designed to just start lifting much bigger weight without conditioning. If you had gone up slowly perhaps this wouldn't have happened as the other support muscles would have been strong enough to stabilise the weight while you lift it. Remember its not just about the major muscle thats doing the work - a compound exercise like bench or squats use lots of smaller muscles for support. If you don't take things slowly then you hurt yourself.

What u talking about delta i went 40 was my warm up set. I didnt just start lifting 80 randomly i built up from 60kg all the way to 80 over several weeks.

You do nothing but give me crap your now officaly my enemy smelly :p

Last edited:
What u talking about delta i went 40 was my warm up set. I didnt just start lifting 80 randomly i built up from 60kg all the way to 80 over several weeks.

You do nothing but give me crap your now officaly my enemy smelly :p

That was meant to be 60 to 80 - sorry about the mistake. You did NOT build up to this over several weeks according to your training diary

4/11
bench press 60kg 10, 10, 9
6/11
Bench press [40kg, 10][60kg, 10][65kg, 7, 6]
8/11
Bench press [40kg, 10][60kg, 10][65kg 9][70kg 6]
10/11
Bench press [40kg, 10][80kg, 3, 4, 4, 3] <---suprised i could lift that ill try again next time

In six days you went from lifting 60 kg for 3x10 with one fail to 5x5 (i assume) 80kg with a missing set and a bunch of fails in the other 4. In between you did one or two sets of intermediate weight. Where is the slow measured progression in that. The biggest weight you lifted before trying 80kg for 5 sets was ONE set of 70kg for 6 reps.

Your a complete idiot. Its not worth trying to help you - you obviously have no idea how to train or what reasonable progression is and you don't seem to want anyones help or at least you don't listen to anyone who is trying to help you.

You have strained a muscle - or perhaps worse - but you can't actually see what caused it - well go read your training diary - the answer is in there.

I'm your enemy hey? Well sorry to say it but YOU are your OWN worst enemy - your attitude stinks and your intelligence is obviously questionable. Until you actually admit you don't know what your doing and actually start listening to people no one is ever going to take you seriously.

days weeks whats the difference

Why is it that I get the feeling this is an answer designed to placate your own mind about how silly you have been and convince yourself that what your doing is ok.

The question remains - will you be going back down to 60kg when you finish healing and doing it properly - or are you stupid enough to keep lifting the 80kg and possibly damage something permanently??

It would explain the nervous twitches and the fact i cant stay in one spot for too long, and the memory thing, and the listening to people thing, and the other stuff.