• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What motivates females to workout?

kindred

I know a few people that do nothing all day or very very little, is there anything i can say or do to make them do stuff? I dont mean full on fitness programs or anything but just any stuff at all. Im watching them become so lazy they call each others mobiles when they are in the same house instead of getting up and walking!

HELP!!!!!!!!

All people doing this are women :p so wanted to be specific on that incase it helped, thanks.

No they slipped into this about 3 years ago and just get worse and worse. Im really concerned. Im not the healthiest or active person in the world but damn it scares me. They are friends and I want to do something for them.

Tell them they're fat!

Us women get overly sensitive and will be on a health kick for at least 2 weeks if someone says something about our weight.

But my god how lazy is that! Do they ring each other to tell the other to bring in some food?!

YES!! thats exactly it. Its like they ring each other if they want a drink or if the remote control was taken into the kitchen by mistake they ring up to get it back. As i said im lazy but this is crazy lazy and I have no idea what to say or do. I cant say they are fat cause they will freak out and not talk to me for a month, I know that will happen.

Is there anything else i can do?

shrink some of their clothes , that'll make them think twice

Did sales at a women's gym- run with the fat idea. Feeling like a boombalada and wearing a swimsuit seems to motivate most women to at least consider activity. Like the shrinking clothes. That way they will feel fat and you won't sound like a rude prick.

Leave a set of scales next to the fridge with a list of healthy weight ranges.

You guys and girls seem to be focusing more on the fat side and less on the lazy side. A person can be lazy as **** and still be thin. I really wanna make her less lazy more than anything.

You can't make someone less lazy. They have to want to do it themselves. I train twice a day. My partner eats Maccas at least twice a week and has never been to a gym. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink.

This is an old thread I know, but I've had a slightly similar problem - but I was the problem, not other people.
The hardest thing to do I found was to find the motivation or desire to get up & move, I didn't care about the effect my laziness was causing my health & fitness until I saw a program on Foxtel that made me finally wake-up & move.

If you really care about the people that your worried about, tell them that you actually are worried about them & point out reasons for your concern.
Just telling someone they are fat would hinder rather than help - although it may be true!!
A little bit of tact & decorum goes a long way & genuine concern.

Maybe suggest doing some active things together, getting out of the house - go bowling, ice-skating, walk the tan - there are heaps of things that you can suggest to get active. A simple thing like Summer is only a couple of months away can be a wake-up call.

You can't change bad habits overnight, but if you have the persistence, I'm sure you can make a difference. You obviously care for these people & they are lucky to have you - some people don't have that luxury.

Hope that helps.

Wow, Foxtel did some good in the world, who'd've thought it?

What do you think about the power of example? I mean, obviously it doesn't do everything, just look at bree and her man. But... just quietly going about your active healthy lifestyle, surely that's got to have an effect...?

lol... one day you will walk into the lounge they will be so fat they have to wear nighties 24/7.... they make skinnier chicks look better

What do you think about the power of example? I mean, obviously it doesn't do everything, just look at bree and her man. But... just quietly going about your active healthy lifestyle, surely that's got to have an effect...?

thats what ive been doing, i used to crap on about working out and eating right (not always following my own examples either) to my G/F and i think i just turned her off so now i go about my own way and dont talk about it. recently she decided to join fitness first with her friends, she wont go to PTC or really even listen to my advice but it seems to be a step in the right direction anyway. she came back the other night stoked after her first spin class, theres no way she would have been that happy about it if she went with me so i guess she needs to find what she enjoys doing as well. she even surprised me today when i suggested that we order some pizza for dinner, she replied "no, i need something healthy. protein and veges i think" i didnt argue LOL

I'm stepping up the 'lead by example' assault on the boy. Buying a shiny, fancy new bicycle. Super excited! Once he sees it, he'll want one to.