• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

thinking about starting

S

SandraDee

i'm a 20yo single mother who is wanting to start up martial arts for self defense and fitness but mainly self defense. The area that i live in isn't the best of places , the fear of rape and burglary is in my mind

Being 20years old is it too late to start ? What sort of class should i be looking at?

i'm a 20yo single mother who is wanting to start up martial arts for self defense and fitness but mainly self defense. The area that i live in isn't the best of places , the fear of rape and burglary is in my mind

Being 20years old is it too late to start ? What sort of class should i be looking at?

Its never too late to start - try to pick a place that teaches techniques useful on the street and in defense situations - so a place that teaches a good stand up style (kickboxing, short form kung fu, systema), some ground work (ju jitsu) and use of and defense to knives/poles (eskrima) would be the best bet, places that teach all three and teach it well are few and far between, but hopefully you will get lucky and get 2 out of the 3. Always go to a place that does a good stand up style - its the highest probablility situation. The other two are both very useful for self defense.

If your in Australia try something by the Bob Jones Corporation (Zen Do Kai/Kickboxing) if in SA try Golden Knights (Kin Bushi Ryu). If not in Aus try boxing or Judo they r a safe bet for simple self defence.

If your in Australia where do you fear rape and burglary??? Aus has always been ok by me but I havent been to any other states for very long anyways.

If someone tried to burgarise you house and you raped them who would be in more trouble?

I have seen signs that say burglers will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, maybe there should be signs saying burglers will be raped.

Thatll learn them...

On a serious note did you end up taking any classes OP?

If your in Australia where do you fear rape and burglary??? Aus has always been ok by me but I havent been to any other states for very long anyways.

You don't fear rape because you are not a cute 20 year old single lady.

As for self defence I recommend judo. If you ever watch 'mixed martial arts' the guy who attains the choke hold always wins.