• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your opinions on my diet

M

Money&Muscle

Hi guys,Im a 33 y/o newbie to the site.Im just wanting to know if i should be eating more and if so what i should be eating more of.A quik run down of my routine and diet.
Im currently doing a split routine 3 days a week for atleast an hour and a half each session.I put 100% and have good self motivation.I get a good amount of cardio through the day while at work(im a courier and on my feet walking most of the day).Not sure if i should be doing additional cardio or not.
My basic diet is Breakfast-- 1 cup outs with fat free milk and teaspoon of honey at 6.45am
10-10.30.Protein shake made with 250ml of water 1 bananna.
12.30-1pm-2 chicken breasts,tuna or steak with salad.(if im unable to make it home i get a 6 inch roast chicken with double meat on wheat from subway)and a coke zero.
3.30 protein shake made with 250ml of water and 40grms of almonds.
Training days i have a pre and post workout shake.Workout time is usaully around 6.30pm.
10.30-1-2 chicken breasts with salad and glass of water.
I mix things up a bit for variety having things like a bowl of steamed brocolli instead of salad etc. and i snack on boiled eggs(whites only) aswell as making shakes with just 6 egg whites and scoop of protein powder.
The supplements im using are -creatine.L-glutamine Protein powder and animalpak M stak.aswell as multi vitamin and fish oil caps.
Ive been training seriously(both diet and workout) for around 3 months and ive lost 4kg without any additional cardio other than work and am starting to see some good gains in muscle mass and shape.Im currently 92.5 kg.
Any feed back would be much appreciated...

yeah mate.What foods should i be adding and how much to gain size without gaining fat.I find sticking to this kind of meal plan quite easy.Im a huge pasta fan and too many carbs at night is what caused my weight gain befor i was training.Im concerned about adding to many carbs to my diet while trying to build some serious mass...What do you recomend?

I recommend High protein med fats, med carb diet.
Without going into detail it should look something like this
Meal 1 - Oats and eggs
Meal 2 - Animal protein + fats (nuts, almonds, peanut butter etc)
Meal 3 - Animal Protein + rice or potatoe, veg
Meal 4 - As meal 3
Meal 5 - After Workout Shake
Meal 6 - Meat + rice or potato, veg
Meal 7 - Protein (Pre bed shake or cottage cheese + handful of nuts)

Hope that helps.