• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

If you cant eat...

kindred

If i dont have time to eat say breakfast will drinking a milk based product like milo or an ice coffee send the signal to my body that i have had food? Because i dont want to go into starvation mode but i dont always have time for a meal, cheers.

Everyone has time for breakfast. It's called getting up 30mins earlier.

Now if by some chance you slept in or the alarm failed yes any of those options will suffice, but a protein shake would be better.

The "signal" is not the important part, what if it sends a false signal?
The important part is getting the calories you need when you need them.

Shreks idea is a good one, get up earlier.

I've just got myself organised for a new bulking pase and am getting up at 6am daily to get off to a good start for the day, previously was 7:45am.

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

I get up at 6 already i used to wake up at 5 then go for a walk but i stoped cause i figured that was just crazy getting up at 5am

Getting up at 5am is not crazy.

Check out Goggins, exercises more in one day than most do in a month and sleeps only 3 hours a night, see his daily routine.

He is a machine!!!

Goggins

I get up at 5:45 so I can do a short training session and have a cooked breakfast. And I am a girl, so I manage to shower, blow dry my hair and apply make up as well.

Like everyone else has said- planning is the key.

my self i get up 5am have breakfast, shake and then run to the gym and start training at 6am spend 70min there then shower and eat then off to work, my theory is got to sleep early get up early (no alarm needed)

I dont know why but I cant do it. I used to get up early to go for a walk but since i stopped about 2 years ago i just cant get back into it. Maybe i need some new music or something.

Maybe you need to write down some strong goals and read them everyday.

Then once you believe you can achieve them, you will be able to get up early as it will be helping to achieve your goals.

All sucessful people have goals.

Kindred, you seem to say that you can't a LOT.

Like Hulk said, set some goals and stick to them. If you REALLY want something, you will do what you can to get it.

Now I have changed jobs I have to get up even earlier. It's my first week at it. It's only 15 mins earlier, but at the beginning of the week it was a killer. Now that it's my third day, body has adjusted quite quickly and it's getting easier.

Stop expecting things to happen instantaneously, try and be patient and it will work.

My husband makes himself microwaved scrambled eggs and a protein shake for breaky. He'll often eat them while driving to work. Preparing things the night before also helps.

Why eggs and a shake? Why not carbs or fats? Also if you have 6-8 eggs there is enough protein there or in turn have the shake only aS THE PROTEIN SOURCE. iT'S GO ME CONFUSED WHY PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO HAVE A SHAKE IN THE MORNING WHEN WHOLE FOODS GET THE METABOLISM CRANKING OVER. Save the shake for mid afternoon..

P.S - Sorry about the caps lock.

For a start milo or iced coffee isn't breakfast by any means!!!! you may aswell have a chocolate bar! there's no way to cheat your way out of this one! your body needs food as soon as you get up. have a protein shake, some fruit and a handful of almonds and you'll be set, protein carbs and fats all in one.

secondly agreed there is always time for breakfast! I get up at 7 have breakfast a shower and dressed and grabbed lunch (prepared the night before) and i'm out the door by 7:30. i am mind you one of the most unorganised people on the planet and if i can fit breakie in the morning anyone can!

prepare your meals the night before if you have to.