• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cutting up with Hydroxy cut

O

ottz0

I have just bought muscletech's hydroxy cut and have read the meal diet to go with the suppliment.

At the moment I am on protien powder and cretine and Musashi fat loss before bed and in the morning.

With the hardcore diet to go with hydroxy cut seems a little difficult at the moment.

Eg: I can't have 10 egg whites in one hit, can't afford them, no time for them. Can't cook a steak for mid meal or lunch etc.

I'm not a full time trainer and work like the rest of the world. I like a beer want to eat sensibly, but want to cut kinda fast.

i'm 35 and 99kg

can I eat sensibly?

Please look at my diet here

b/fast 2 slices of whole meal toast or musili and protien powder with soy or low fat milk

lunch. 2 wholemeal sandwitches or breadrolls with salad and beef or turkey

snack tuna and cottage cheese

dinner is salad or vegies with fish, steak or chicken

Is this quite a good diet or am I just gunna put money down the tube with hyroxy cut?

Very similar to my diet, however I'd add fish/Krill oil morning and evening to get enough of the good fats. Flax is OK too. Great for cholestrol.

Be careful of some muesili. They can contain much sodium and not that much is fibre or good fats. Try Bircher Muesili as a good example, or make your own. Oats are the go too. For Bread I prefer the Country Life Low Col - contains OATs and another version also has whole grains.

Don't know much about hydroxy cut.

Is this quite a good diet or am I just gunna put money down the tube with hyroxy cut?
Not a very good diet at all and your money is going down the tube.

You have too much processed food in your diet. tghe bread/rolls and the turkey iss the processed deli stuff isn't it.

Eat 6-7 times per day. You meals shoud have at least 200gms of meat ie: chicken/steak/fish or eggs and green vegetables and essential fats (I use almonds and fish oil).
As for the Hydroxycut, it's overpriced garbage. You'd be better off with some green tea tabs and L-carnitine.
Shrek.

Does your protein powder taste any good when just mixed with water? I used to mix mine with low fat milk when i 1st started but was told by afew people even thats fats i didnt need when taken with meals.

What to do

It is fat free turkey. What is processed here? nothing really. bit of wholemeal bread? tiny bit of fat in milk plus i add water to it?

what would you suggest?

I don't want "freak" that oops i just put a tiny bit of low salt margarine on my bread.

everone has all these different opinions about how to train etc, just down right confusing.

As I said I don't have time and don't really want to go on a strict diet but want to eat sensibly and correctly at the right times.

one you read one thing then someone tells you something else.

my current fat loss by musashi has l-carnitine in it but want to give hydroxy cut a go

Most of what you have is processed.
The mueseli, the bread, the turkey/beef.
Have oats instead of mueseli
Have tuna or chicken breast instead of the deli turkey
Have rice cakes or low GI tortilla's instead of bread/rolls.

What type of training are you doing if any, weights, cardio etc?
You say you are 99kg but that tells me nothing. How fat are you? Are you muscular, tall, short etc?
You see it's very hard to offer any sort of advice without knowing any statistics.

What Shrek is suggesting is reasonable. They are small changes that will make a big difference to your results. Why not have a salad with chicken breast/tuna for lunch rather than four slices of bread? And as for the rolled oats, they are just as convenient as muesli, only cheaper and without all of the extra additives. You'd be better off adding some fresh berries and yogurt to the rolled oats for some flavour rather than relying on all the sugar they tend to add to shop brought cereals.

And with the turkey, it is VERY processed. Check the packet- you'll probably find that it isn't even 100% meat. they often add water to pad the meat out.

You'd be better off with some green tea tabs and L-carnitine.
Shrek.

What green tea tabs do you recommend shrek?

I've got two mates (a couple) who rave about them, but reckon there is some junk out there. They praise them for just health reasons though, all the anti-oxidant and anti aging stuff.

I tried products like this once. I find they rip you off major $$ wise. I get better results from drinking extra water and cutting some things from what i eat like soda any food with sugar or white floor and fatty meats. Doing that combined with daily exercise (walking, jogging, weights) help me get rid of the most body fat the fastest. Just my personal experience tho im prolly not the person to be takeing advice from.

Weight

Thanks for your views you have given me some thought

I didn't want to go into my stats too much but i'm 35 and 5'10 and heavy set and pretty muscular I am 100 kg and want to lose around 5 gk in fat. I have not lost any weight on the scales but in the mirror i'm sure I have although my belt hasn't gone down too much.

I want to set around 95kg but put on mucsle so I guess the scales is not an issue. I have stopped cardio to try to increase GH and want to lose the rest (fat) lifting.

so if I kinda set around this plan?????

B/fast
Oats with soy or low lat milk (not into oats much which is why i went musili)
Or protien powder and bannana smoothie (if no time in the morning)
or 2-3 egg omlette
or yogurt with berries

snack
cashews
or tuna and cottage cheese

lunch
chicken breast with low gi tortilla with salad

1 hour before gym
protien powder(some say no carbs others say banana or something)

after gym
creatine
protien powder

dinner
chicken breast, steak or fish with sweet potato and handfull of steamed veg
or brown rice and chicken
or wholemeal pasta with chicken and tomato

late night snack
cottage cheese
or yogurt

Surley this has to be ok??????

Last edited: