• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Glutamine?

T

Timguyperson

I keep getting sick, averaging once a month with a cold or something lately. I kind of think its because there are so many people at the gym in such a small place its just easier to catch a cold. Plus I've been working myself into exhaustion too much and leaving myself open. Does anyone else have the same problem?

I eat a lot of fruit and everything and take vitamins but still seem to get sick. I've heard that your glutamine levels get reduced a lot by exercising and this leaves you open to colds and flu's. Is that right? And is it worth getting glutamine supplements?

Cheers.

Don't know about glutamine, but when I was overtraining I was getting sick a lot. Have found that taking zinc has made a massive difference and also swallow a whole clove of fresh garlic a couple of times a day when feel a lurgy coming on. It sounds gross but I swear it works.

hmm look at your diet would be best part.
if you see yourself coming down with the flu like even a runny nose, hit the weights lighter with foods that help fight any colds/flus
chillis, vitamin c's, and eat alot with spice soups u should be fine
and change gyms man...... if you keep getting sick it hinders your gains, and no point going to exhaustion if you havent recovered.

hope it helps.

It could just be bad luck. How long has it been happening for? My ex gf was perminantely sick and my current gf gets sick once a month at least. I hardly ever get sick hehe.