• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

teenage first timer.which Supplements?

young-cons

hey ABB,

I'm heading into the rep footy season(under 16's) which has a heavy training schedule(plus my league training at my sports school) and we are told to get a protein supplement(diet and nutrition section of our expectations booklet)

anyway looking to get one soon as the training is fast approaching.

I'm 178cm and 75kg.a solid build,run in the 11's for 100metres just so you get a idea of me.
need to build muscle but stay lean as need to keep my speed,
advice on any supplements would be greatly appreciated cheers...

Last edited:
I really beleive that you do not require any supplements at 15. Just keep eating your regular meals hich in protein and carbs, but if you must just get some WPC (Whey Protein Concentrate) which is sugfficient for your needs. No need to spend the huge $$ on WPI or fance labels either.
If you want some good places to buy WPC soot me a PM.

yeah ive bin told i dont need them, but the training required from this squad is high and it is hard to keep up with the meals as i dont get to go home after school so i only get proper breaky recess lunch dinner n snack thru the day,so i need something to recover asap after trainin sesh.

and when coming up against islanders who are big enough to be playing NRL need everything i can get hahahaha.

cant p.m. im newbie haha
thanks for the help but cheers :)

Last edited:
I agree with Shrek, at your age you don't really need supps, but, as they say " you buy cheap you get cheap " Go to the health store or on line, look for something with a high % of w.p.i or s.p.i (Whey/Soy Protein Isolate). Go for natural flavour as the flavorings are normally high in sugar.
Skip the super cheap and super expensive.
Eat low cal, low fat and high protein foods when you can.
Eat healthy meals and drink lots of water.
Good luck.