• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Have you sustained an injury at the gym?

R

richie

I have, and currently am waiting to have an MRI to see what extent I have injured my shoulder. I felt my shoulder pop in/out and hope it isn't anything serious. I was doing inclined bench dumbell press when i sustained this injury. This is my first injury at the gym? I am a little worried that I won't be able to bench anymore because apparently it is likely this injure will reoccur (i know it is a serious injury). Possibly labral tear (worst case).

Have you had an injury at the gym yet?

Prevention is better than a cure. It sucks being injured :(

My shoulder dislocates very easy. It's happened probably around 20 times, 2 of which have been while I'm sleeping, many of while while playing cricket and either bowling/throwing the ball.

But I haven't had much trouble with it at the gym. When I first started out, I couldn't do the full motion of lat pulldowns, but now I'm able to.

How long have you been going to the gym? You may just need to build some muscle up around it to help keep it in.

thankfully i haven't gotten any serious injuries just yet , only the regular aches and pains and strains , well at least i hope they are just regular aches and pains and strains , a day or 2 rest and a good rubbing of deep heat is always good

started getting lower back pain for awhile ,was rather quite painful and awkward and started to freak me out thinking i had done some serious damage , watching all those oh&s videos , bend with your knees not with back etc

took a day off work and just laid flat on my back and some pain killers , after a few days the pain went away but i still took it easy for about a week , now i'm always careful about that , don't want to do any more damage

sprained/twisted my ankle in the gym a few months ago , still gives me problems every so often

My shoulder dislocates very easy. It's happened probably around 20 times, 2 of which have been while I'm sleeping, many of while while playing cricket and either bowling/throwing the ball.

But I haven't had much trouble with it at the gym. When I first started out, I couldn't do the full motion of lat pulldowns, but now I'm able to.

How long have you been going to the gym? You may just need to build some muscle up around it to help keep it in.
Ye, that is what I will most probably doing. However, ill just wait and see what the physio and MRI do say. It is amazing hwo many people get injured at the gym. To all those who haven't been injured yet, remember prevention is better htan cure. And if you do get injured, don't delay anything, go and see your gp asap.

I fell on my arse the other week when i lost my balance practicing my squat form, lukily i didn't have any weight on the bar lol no one saw thank god!

Im lucky ive only done 2 things and they went away really quick.

Strained muscle in leg from doing squats and strained muscle in shoulder from doing bench press. Did these doing exercise. I have dislocated my knee and tore all connecting tissue including cartelige in my left knee but that was doing Tae Kwan do.

Last edited:
Have fallen off a treadmill and damaged ligaments in my ankle.

More entertaining was shooting the fitball across the from room under my arse. My PT kept telling that if I didn't stop bouncing on the fitball when I went back after catching the medicine ball I would end up hurting myself. Think even he was surprised that I managed to do it in such a spectacular fashion.

Not in the gym, but went down to the local running track at 5:30am to practice some 100m sprints, first time ever in my life at 34 years old.

Pulled/strained my hamstring muscle !!!!
I was in agony the whole day with pain from calf to glutes and around my knee on my right leg, could hardly walk.
Thankfully I recovered pretty quick and can at least walk and be active without too much pain today, but still sore.

Quite some time back, I dropped a 20kg plate on my big toe from waist height. I had shoes on of course & no one noticed, it seemed. The pain took a minute or two to kick in. Then it was there!
I left the gym & bawled hysterically all the way home. (quite funny now to think of it). I mean I was going off!
Yep, lost the toe nail after several months.
All is good now though.:p

I left the gym & bawled hysterically all the way home.
That has 'female' written all over it :) hahahahaha.

I have 3 VERY VERY stealth injuries that have me quite worried...

My left knee (From VERY heavy near ATG squats on smith machine... :()
My left shoulder - After my 4-5 set shoulder workout, I would do DB overhead press on 35kg until failure to totally KO my shoulders (Works a treat :)) but... one day when I was lowering the DB's to the ground, I felt a funny click/grind... and since then... I get this funny feeling, nothing major yet, but it's alarming.

And my right wrist... Prick of a thing, I can't do BB upright rows... :(

None of these are actual injuries yet, but they're bad enough that I'm not doing squats... db overhead press or rows anymore... I need to let em fix... Really really worried. Having to rely on the 45deg legpress for legs is fail.

No. Some horrible cramps in my lower back, but that has to do with a congenital defect, not lifting itself.

I have strained both hamstrings jumping out of a helicopter, and had a broken nose and ribs from boxing. (I wasn't very good, let's say.)

I have compressed the disc between L4 and L5 vertabrae in my lower back. I could do nothing involving lwr back for around 6 months. I have it under control now though with stretching and working on imbalances I created in my body.

It was a blessing in disguise though as it allowed me to put 35kg on my bench that downtime.