• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Are hot water bottles good for soreness?

C

chopper

I'm still feeling some soreness in my muscles from my last workout, I often use the soothing feeling of deepheat for muscle pains and strains but I'm on a tight budget at the moment (damn car problems) so with hot water being free, ok well close enough to free,would a hot water bottle be good for soothing sore muscles?

And what about applying a hot water bottle immediately after a workout on the affected muscles?
Thanks.

did my own reserarch on this question , so for those that come later
Heat is a natural pain reliever and helps your muscles relax and unwind. Get a hot water bottle or a gel pack that can be heated in the microwave and apply to stiff, sore muscles

talking to yourself is the first sign of going crazy lol

• After strenuous exercise, relax in a hot shower or bath, or take advantage of the gym's steam room.
  • Go swimming! Water supports and relaxes your muscles, so splashing around in the pool is a great way to unwind — whether you use it for serious exercise or just to refresh yourself.
  • Massage helps your muscles relax after a long day and recover faster after working out. massage helps get rid of the lactic aciud build up

hot water bottle always seems to fix my aches and pains , good one ma

there has been debate over hot and cold in the past. I beleive heat is the way to go.

When I was involved in a lot of sport, heat and cold were used for different things. Thanks to my unlucky nature, always seemed to have to use one of them!

For stuff like muscle aches and cramp, heat is the way to go. It helps to relax the muscle and get some movement back.

Cold is good for inflammation and swelling i.e. when you twist your ankle, get tendonitis.