• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheap, bulk unflavoured protein?

S

snaggletooth

Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can source Whey Protein in bulk? I have been getting it off ebay for around 22 bucks a kilo, but I need a 20kg bag. Also the one I am using it not the best blend, 30g scoop gives you 25g of protein.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm also looking at buying protein in bulk, but just wondering how everyone stores it after opening a 20kg bag? Do you break it down and store in air tight containers or just keep it in the bag?

If you have some old tubs store it in there, but as long as you keep it in a cool dry place it is fine.

This looks like a decent deal. The last protein I bought was ON flavoured whey protein 2.3 kg for $80. That's site you've linked to sell 2.5 kg for $50 unflavoured ($7 delivery).

I got a 20kg bag of myopure's stuff for three hundy.

I open the bag, get a tub, fill it up and store the bag until I need it again :)

Do you find it wierd that you cant buy cheap unflavoured generic protein from healthfood stores and body building shops. To me it just makes business sense, its cheap and attracts the guys that use suppliments. Maybe while they r there getting some cheap protein they will buy some creatine or what ever. Also if people starty seeing loads of big dudes shopping in there stores they may get more customers who will buy the expensive stuff cause they think thats what the big guys r getting.

rant rant rant...

and in the end im still paying through the nose cause i refuse to buy of the internets...

Independent review of Pure Whey from Champion Nutrition

This was conducted by supplement review person named AZZA who is reviewing most protein powders sold on the Australian market.

This is his assesment

Re: Supplement Review
« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2009, 06:09:25 AM »
Quote SUPPLEMENT REVIEW CHAMPION NUTRITION PURE WHEY Chocolate 60gram serves

Taste 4 STARS
Mixability 4.5 STARS
Didestability 5 STARS

Comments-Unlike any chocolate i have ever had after first use i thought oh yuk but i had about 8 80 gram serves to do so did them. After the second go at it i thought this is not bad and by the last serve i was a little sad in finishing it off. To sum up this has a aquired taste. My taste buds are use to ON Double rich choc and this is one of the best tasting around and i compare to this quite often. Even my kids like it. Here are the sup facts

Pure Whey
High-Quality Whey Protein Supplement
Low Sugar
Low Carb
Low Lactose
Up to 52g of Whey Protein per Serving

7 Delicious Flavors
Available flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Banana Scream, Cocoa-Mochaccino, Cookies & Cream, Tropical Sunrise

This is the actual link

Supplement Review

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW PVL MUTANT MASS

Taste 3 STARS
Mixability 3.5 STARS
Digestability 4 STARS

Comments-The first one i mixed up, didnt mix to well almost like Milo but no large clumps or anything. Info- I mix everything in the same Shaker Bottle which has a wire whisk. I also have 2 Tupperware shakers and rate these highly. These newer on the market Shaker Bottles are the way to go if you dont have a blender. I have one (well half a one as i dropped the jug and glass doesnt bounce) as well but i have been using the one shaker in all my reviews as we dont all have one. Cheapest i have seen The Shaker is $5.50 from ADA st supps in Brisbane. I have 2 and recomend 2 or even 3 to anyone that is on the go.
Now back to the review. I dont realy like the taste of this one very much, i dont hate it just not my cuppa tea. It has its own unique taste so is hard to compare. Now to what the ingredients say. Sometimes a products taste and mixability can be because of whats in it. You cant get a protein powder (i dont think) to taste fantastic when it contains MCT oils, CLA, Flaxseed and Borage oil. We all know we need EFA's in our diet but whether we need them in our protein drinks is another thing. If you take cost per serve into account it may be more convienent. This one also has natural flavours. Here are the supp facts. The outright performance of this product ingredient wise may be the new number one.

This is the ultimate lean gainer you‘ve been waiting for! PVL Mutant Mass is a serious formula, designed with only hard working athletes in mind, who demand power, absolute size and all out strength. If you are serious about gaining slabs of lean muscle mass, faster than ever, then PVL Mutant Mass is the one for you!

PVL Mutant Mass Iso-Stack 10 (The Ultimate Protein Mix) - Our award winning blend of 10 superior, muscle building proteins - no wimp proteins like soy, wheat or other veggie protein - just pure, high BV/PER amino acid proteins proven to build lean tissue.

PVL Mutant Mass: Amount Per Servings:

260G Amount Per Serving:

Total Calories: 1050
Protein: 52g
Total Carbohydrates: 170g
-Sugars: 29g
-Dietary Fiber: 5g
Fat: 18g
-Saturates: 3g
-Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 60mg
Sodium: 360mg
Potassium: 1400mg

PVL Munant Mass: Other Ingredients:

Clean-Carb Pre-Blend (Vextrago Brand high molecular weight carbohydrate (Mw 1,000,000 - 1,200,000 from Barley Starch), Maltodextrin, Levulose, Corn Solids, Inulin (from Chicory), Soy Fiber, Wheat Fiber), Iso-Stack 10 Protein Matrix Pre-Blend (Multi Whey Blend CFM-92 and ISO-95 Whey Protein Isolates, WPC 85 and WPC 80 Whey Protein Concentrates, Whey 80P (Peptides), Milk Protein Isolate, Miceller Casein, Calcium Caseinate, Fat Free Eggplete, Egg White and Fat Free Egg Yolk Protein Isolates), Lipotherm Pre-Blend (MCT from Fractionated Coconut Oil), CLA from Sunflower Oil, Flax Seed Oil Powder, Borage Oil Powder) Intrasorb-5 Calorie Uptake Pre-Blend (Bio-immune Colostrum (High Immunoglobulin, Lactoferrin, EGF, IGF-1 & IGF-2), Insu-Drive Complex (Alpha Lipoic Acid, D-Pinitol, Inositol & 4-Hydroxyisoleucine), Vanillin, Natural Flavours, Sucralose, Soy Lecithin.

AZZA

PVL Munant Mass: Other Ingredients:

Clean-Carb Pre-Blend (Vextrago Brand high molecular weight carbohydrate (Mw 1,000,000 - 1,200,000 from Barley Starch), Maltodextrin, Levulose, Corn Solids, Inulin (from Chicory), Soy Fiber, Wheat Fiber), Iso-Stack 10 Protein Matrix Pre-Blend (Multi Whey Blend CFM-92 and ISO-95 Whey Protein Isolates, WPC 85 and WPC 80 Whey Protein Concentrates, Whey 80P (Peptides), Milk Protein Isolate, Miceller Casein, Calcium Caseinate, Fat Free Eggplete, Egg White and Fat Free Egg Yolk Protein Isolates), Lipotherm Pre-Blend (MCT from Fractionated Coconut Oil), CLA from Sunflower Oil, Flax Seed Oil Powder, Borage Oil Powder) Intrasorb-5 Calorie Uptake Pre-Blend (Bio-immune Colostrum (High Immunoglobulin, Lactoferrin, EGF, IGF-1 & IGF-2), Insu-Drive Complex (Alpha Lipoic Acid, D-Pinitol, Inositol & 4-Hydroxyisoleucine), Vanillin, Natural Flavours, Sucralose, Soy Lecithin.

AZZA

That is an insane amount of ingredients. It also looks like a lot of them are just 'renamed' and added twice. I'll stick to my whey protein and a good regular diet :)