• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Germs in Gyms

C

cee-cee

Call me a neat freak call me a germaphobe. With gyms having all sorts of people using the equipments and who knows where their hands have been or what they have been doing and whether they washed their hands after using the toilet. I see germs everywhere, in my gym bag i also take along a bottle of detol hand wash. So to combat you picking up all those nasty little critters here is a few things to do to help.

Always Wash Your Hands Before and After Working Out
Washing your hands is one of the easiest ways of lowering your risk of spreading and contracting bacteria or use detol hand sanitizer.

Avoid Touching Your Face
Your cavities (eyes, nose, and mouth) are the main entry points for viruses

Take Two Towels to the gym
One towel for wiping your own sweat and the 2nd for cleaning down the equipment

Use Disinfectant Spray
Disinfectant spray to spray down equipment before and after use.

Wear Shower Shoes
When using shower facities always wear shoes (sandals/thongs)

and the last one taken from seinfeld , when using the shower , not all pipes are the same

I absolutely agree with you on this topic!
You have mentioned some nice things out there that everyone must understand & follow.
Thanks a lot!

Glad I don't workout in a public gym.

You'd spend half your time cleaning down the benches and equipment with disinfectant spray.

I hate being paranoid about cleanliness but you really have to wonder when you hear scientifically proven facts about how a lot of the common everyday surfaces we use without thinking about it actually have more germs and bacteria than a toilet seat!:eek:
But at the same time I try not to go overboard because exposure to germs builds our immune systems and makes us less susceptible to these germs.