• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

16yo routine

N

nismo

im 16 years old 6'0" weight 60 , so yep i am skinny

you'll find below is the routine that i've been using for a little over a month i workout 5 days a week for 45min to an 1 hour each day, it seems to be working ok but now i am wanting to bigger and gain some muscle mass..

i workout at home monday to thursday i workout at home and saturdays i take a visit to the gym

Monday:Biceps and Forearms
Tuesday: Triceps and Deltiods
Wednesday:Chest and Lats
Thursday:Calves and Traps
Friday:Rest
Saturday: Chest,Back:Calves,Legs,Biceps
Sunday: Rest

hey mate. i started doin weights when i was 15 and about your height but i weighted about 68kgs. I have just recently turned 17 and im 6foot 4" and 85kg. When i started i was only doing upper body but doing about 4 sets with 20 reps on each muscle group, now i do alot heavier weights still 4 sets but only about 8 reps to gain more mass.

make sure that with your routine that instead of doing lighter wieghts and 20 reps do heavier weights but make sure you can push out atleast 8 reps. I also took some protein powder (Musashi Bulk) to help gain a little extra weight cause like you i was a skinny kid, but i currently only have approx 7-8% body fat, but now i have some muscle on me.

I'm sure there are people on here that can give you some better advice i just thought that i would let you know what i did cause we are the same age etc.

your current program sounds ok , but you may be overloading your muscles too much especially on smaller muscles like biceps and forearms: give this one a try if you want

Monday:Back, Biceps, Legs

Tuesday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Thursday: repeat Monday routine

Friday: repeat Tuesday routine

Wednesday and Sunday either rest or do some cardio , rest on saturday

No need for body part splits at the early stage of your training IMO. Full body, 3 x week program concentrating on the basic compound lifts, a program like Rippetoe's Starting Strength. Do this for 3-6 months minimum & you will build a solid base, have no imbalances, your strength will dramatically increase, & you will put on size.

am i right in say that the Rippetoe's Starting Strength , is a book ? i did a google and only came back with references to a book to purchase

Starting Strength is a book - the best money you can spend especially if you are new to lifting, & even if you aren't. It is a comprehensive teaching guide on how to perform the major lifts correctly, & will help to prevent injury for a long lifting career.

The program itself is readily available on the net - if you have any issues finding it, let me know & I'll post it here.

Even if you decide not to do this program, choose something like it, build a base & you can fine tune all you like later on.

i agree with the above of overloadng the muscle, i started a year or 2 ago and i was 18 weight 75kg and 6"3 so in the same boat,

however i got on supplements good for people of our age, no test boosters or anything as this can be harmful under 21, i stuck to carb supps and proteins like body ripped carb blast and optimum nutrition protein, i have been shopping lately at elitebody.com.au and found them to be pretty good, hope this helps.