• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Newbie needs help from the start

V

vulpin

Im 19 5ft 8" and i weigh 57kilo's

Tired of being skinny and punie , i've decided that i'm going to join my local gym next week.

At the moment i'm eating 3 meals a day, and although i know its wrong i sometimes skip breakfast mainly cause i sleep till 11am.

I have 10kg dumbells which i do about 50 reps each day on each arm.

what should i be eating and how should i be exercising.

I'm willing to change what i eat in a big way because i hate being the skinny guy.

If you want to put on quality muscle then you need to get your nutrients from quality sources. . Get your protein from lean sources such as chicken (grilled, skinless), turkey, tuna, fish etc. Get your carbs from stable sources instead of sugary

if you can get yourself a barbell too , that will open up your training options

Pick up weight, put down weight, repeat.
it's not rocket science ;D

actually keta, its more than just that for sum ppl.

look dude if u wanan build muscle, do a routine that uses your whole body, if you're a beginner, try training 3 times a week (mon, wed and fri, or tue, thur and sat) training your whole body (ie: Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders, etc) using your weight set and body weight execises. Have u considered joining a gym too? This may help as if you dont feel you have enough equipment than this could be a better alternative than raking up the money to buy lots of weights and gym equipemnt. Although you could check out rebel sport, they have good 50Kg weight sets for pretty cheap. I need more at the moment, i quickly out lifted my 50Kg set lol.
Also in conjuntion with this, make sure you eat well, get enough protein for muscle repair, carbs for energy, and try to keep fat from healthy sources (minimal saturated, but get plenty from good sources such as unroasted nuts, fish, etc). Eat ever 2-3 hours and have 6 meals instead of 3. You sound as if you have a fast metabolism so you probably wont have trouble with gaining body fat, as you sound really slim anyway. Make sure you eat clean foods too, no fried or junk foods or foods high in processed and refined sugars.
Rest is also paramount in building muscle so aim to get around 8 hours or more a night.
Hope this helps you out bro.
Also remember to be consistant and keep pushing on and tryin your best bro! Good luck.

I agree with everything Mondo said basically. I just wanted to add that i think it's good that you've decided to join the gym. They should have a good range of equipment, makes life heaps easier. Also, if they offer or if you can afford it, get them to write you out a program. Then get them to go through all the exercises with you. They can make sure you have good form from the start, you'll get better long term results that way. Good luck!