• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

wild bull creatine

jasol88

i just brought the wild bull monohydrate creatine it says to take 1/2 of a teaspoon before excersise but after talking to a few ppl at the gym they tend to think creatine is important after a work out and suggested maybe i take it before and after?? the pack says nothing about differant weights as i know some go on ur weight as to how much creatine to take

Take about 5gms post workout, but you can split the dose pre and post.
I take mine before.

P.S. It's bought not brought. lol

If you are looking at creatine saturation, then it doesn't really matter when you take it as long as you consistently take it.

Personally I prefer post workout - I go by the belief 'if your body has used its sources up, then consuming some directly after a workout will be when your body is most likely to absorb the largest amount' - I haven't seen any definitive research to support this, but it seems logical and is also how other supplements work.

Lots of pre-workout mixes like nitric oxides and others will usually have some form of creatine in it anyway (more often than not it will be e.e. instead of m.h.) so that would also make it smarter to take your m.h. post-workout.

Smarter post workout? How so? Like you said if it's creatine saturation your after it really dosen't matter. You can just take it every morning if you like.

I just started taking a creatine mix lately, Green Magnitude by Controlled Labs.
I take it 1/2 hour pre-workout, because it says so:)

Smarter post workout? How so? Like you said if it's creatine saturation your after it really dosen't matter. You can just take it every morning if you like.

Yes. Just a miscommunication here.
He hasn't stated if he is using it for saturation.
Was referring to IF a pre-workout mix is taken that has some form of creatine other than monohydrate in it. Taking monohydrate (a different type of creatine) after workout would be smart so he is not consuming too much in one hit, the absorption is more consistent and the two intakes will be at two different times which covers some vital points for replenishing the body. Has him covered just in case.

Yeah, fair point.
Saturation will occur anyway but some recommend loading for 5 days so it happens quicker. I wouldn't worry about this as long as you are consistant and take you 5gms everyday.

hey mate,
if i wanna start building muscle quickly, should i take this stuff?
how much before or after?

cheers