• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Boxing] Boxing BJJ MMA

Hey guys,

Who here does any of the mentioned sports in the thread title?

I'm looking at starting one of them. Looking for recommendations on gyms.
location, cost, instructor/trainer etc

any help is appreciated.

cheers.

I used to do boxing. Its usually cheap at a boxing gym as opposed to a gym gym. It was really good but i quit cause of work etc. I have a punching bag at home and ground to cieling bag i hit occasionally.

I was just thinking about this seriously the other day.

There's a Jiu Jitsu place only 2 mins from my house in Caringbah, Sydney South. Just noticed the sign as I walked past a few days ago.
Getting older at 33 now and really want to get into some sort of competitive activity. Seems to be a waste to be in the best shape and strength of my life and not use it.

Really thinking about joining up.

There's also a boxing place one minute away from my work, but not really into boxing.

MMA is getting massive right now.
Don't think I would do that, as I'm not conditionded to getting smashed in the face.

Let us know how you go and if you join up.

Did either of you end up doing anything? I started doing tai chi. Only 3 beginner lessons but you gotta start somewhere :p

I did BJJ for 2 nights, then quit, so draining if you are not conditioned.
Just too tiring for me, already weight training 3 nights a week.
Just didn't have the passion for it like some do.
These things take massive comittment, which I can't give right now.

Just had a baby girl too, so can't be away from home 5 nights a week.

Yeah congratulations shrek!

Kindred - I was only interested in the boxing, I have strong feelings against MMA, it was just easier than writing - I want to do this, my friend is thinking of this etc etc

I started boxing at a near by PCYC, they didn't like new comers - BIG earn your stripes/initiation process/hazing type attitude.
I stuck with it for a bit, but stopped round exams, haven't been back. Found a great gym near there though, so I'm thinking of going there.

Congrats The Hulk

boxing is good and u dont need to be a member of a boxing gym to learn it. All you need is YouTube and a punching bag + wraps or bag gloves. I did boxing at a gym tho and it was good for the few months i did it.

Any type is going to be good for you.

You just have find one you like.

Most Fight gyms will allow you to watch or have a training session for free to get a feel for it...

Alot of gyms now are starting "mma training" because of its popularity...

But the thing is mma is mixed martial arts...

so really most good mma fighters are good at most types....