• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Cycling] bunny hop & 180s

B

billybob

I've been bmx'ing for around a year and a bit , well when i say bmxing i've been riding for years but only in the last year decided to take it to the next step , i can do a decent bunnyhop (about 1ft). How can i improve the height of my hop?
-If my bunnyhop is good enough, how can i start 180's and how do i pivot back around?

to improve the height of your bunnyhop

On the approach bend arms and knees slightly.

Throw your weight backwards and as you do kick forwards with you feet to get the front end up.

As the front reaches its highest point throw your body forwards up towards the bars so that you almost touch your stomach with the bars.

From this point, push off on the pedals and jump the back end up and off the ground .

As you do this, curl your toes forward and suck the back end up into your body by bringing your knees into your chest, and at the same time push the bars away from you so the bike levels out.

for 180's
the only secret is to practice practice practice. You want to pull back as you do for a regular hop, but swing the front end slightly to one side as you do. You don't wanto to swing too far to the side because you need to keep your forward momentum,