• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is what im taking ok

M

martin_head

Hey Guys i have been at the gym for 2 months now and im there 6 days a week.

Im currently taking creatine ethyl ester, my protein, multivitamin, carnatine, bcaa and gurana & ginseng tabs. I also have some clenbuterol (i know its for weight loss but i got it for free) that im not yet going to use just yet as there is abviously no point trying to get lean and big all at the same time.

Can you guys let me know if im mixing things that i ahouldnt or what i can do to better increse my muscle growth?

Cheers

sorry forgot to mention flaxseed oil, and DHEA 6x (i dont think they help at all though).

Also whats a good test booster i was thinking andro jack?

geez im dumb
im also on a very clean diet full of protein :)
i hope i didnt forget anything again!

Wow, 6 days a week training is alot.
When do you let your muscles rest and recover.

You seem to be on a lot of supps right now.
If you are a beginner (you mentioned 2 months in the gym) a big diet of good food will bring great results.
Maybe throw in some whey protein, but that would be enough.

All the rest would just be wasting money for very minimal extra gain, if any (my opinon).

Good Luck

Martin, I would ask you the same thing the Hulk has asked you, " When do you let your muscles rest and recover".

As a beginner you are always very keen, personally I would have dropped you back to three days a week, training alternate days, sticking to the basic exercises for bodyparts and most important taking your time to learn to do the exercise properly to avoid injury.

Your body needs a days rest in between each workout as the muscle fibers are torn a part and then mend and add more fibers during the rest period.

If you train 6 days a week you'll burn out very quickly and your muscles wouldn't grow at the rate you would like thereby making you depressed and more likely to either give up or go down the wrong path in supplements.

Now that you have had 2 months training it's time to get the gym instructor to reset your routine looking at starting a split routine for different body parts so that you don't train the same parts 2 days in a row, that way you can spend more days at the gym.

As far as supplements "whey protein" would be the only thing I'd recommend along with a good diet also changing from the usual 3 meals a day routine to 4 - 5 smaller meals to get you ready to accept a more healthy and larger food intake as you progress.

Look around the gym and see if you can find a training partner who maybe interested in helping you, also keep a training diary on what weights and exercises you are doing, I found this a very helpful "tool" as you can see what progress you are making and not judging your progress soley by what you see in the mirror.

One rule I learnt regarding supplements, " If your urine is a bright shade of yellow, your body is passing what your body can't use, therefore your'e wasting money on taking supplements your body can't use", spend that money on better quality food.

Good Luck and keep pumping.

guys my cousin is my training partner he quite big and very lean obviously he has spent alot of time training. the protein i have is whey protein (sorry forgot to mention it) .
Im on 4 - 6 meals a day and eating only good clean food.

i never train the same body part 2 days in a row eg today i did biceps tommorow im doin back a lats and the following day shoulders and maybe legs.....

Initially i was very saw even if i was to not do the same body part for 7 days even with my great diet and the protein, now what i feel during a workout is much different i love the feeling of failure and being pumped up when walking out of the gym and i have just come back in from 5 days break and im feeling top of the world + lifting more.

urine is always white only slighlty yellow if im low on fluid.

measured myslef also chest shoulders lats have grown and this is before im pumped.feels great when you actually see progress in the mirror and on the tape measure, it just makes me want to comit even more

definately will keep pumping

guys my cousin is my training partner he quite big and very lean obviously he has spent alot of time training. the protein i have is whey protein (sorry forgot to mention it) .
Im on 4 - 6 meals a day and eating only good clean food.

i never train the same body part 2 days in a row eg today i did biceps tommorow im doin back a lats and the following day shoulders and maybe legs.....

Sounds like you're doing ok.

Just remember, you are you and your cousin is your cousin, you are possibly very different genetically. What works for one person may not work for another.

Also, you do apper to be training the same bodypart 2 days in a row in the example given above. If you absolutely smash your biceps one day, how can you absolutely smash your back the next day when your biceps have been hit hard the day before? Biceps are an essential muscle used in big back exercises.
You would be better off doing biceps on back day, or leave 3 or 4 days between your biceps and back day.
Same goes for triceps and chest and delts, etc.

If you get everything right now, you will last longer in the gym and not burn out from fatigue and injury.

Good Luck

Stay away from the clen if you don't know how to use it. You need to follow a proper dosing protocol and have the correct supporting supplements. Just because you got it for free doesn't mean you should accept it.

What are you goals?
Size, weigh tloss, strength?