• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
C

cee-cee

Any other girls out there that are like me? Being Scrawny having difficulty gaining weight.
I'm looking for motivation i don't have any eating disorders - i'm just boney genes / fast metabolism.and frankly i am getting tired of the same comments of being how "lucky" I am not to be fat."

i am wanting to be stronger, and have a bit more weight to me so that when i get a hug i don't get crushed. Just sometimes it feels like that is hell of a LOT of work.

Hi cee-cee and Welcome to the forums
all that can really be said , is that If you really want it you WILL have to WORK for it...Welcome to the forums. Nothing that comes easy is worth it

You'll find that the people with "that perfect body" were not born looking that way they have worked hard to earn that body

Just remember that it is a lot easier to put on weight and gain muscle then what it is to lose fat

just remember that with hard work you can do anything

Most people that have "the perfect body" are not gifted they have work extreamly hard for it and earned it........

I do believe that it is easier to "just" gain muscle than to be on the other side of things were you have a bunch of fat to lose and then try to build muscle back up.

With hard work you can do anything you set your mind to!!

Best of Luck

Hi Cee-cee!

While I am not someone who is naturally skinny, working in a gym I see a lot of girls who are slim but unfit and lacking tone.

As Dee mentioned, you have some of the hard work already taken care of- you don't need to lose body fat, so you will be able to se the definition in your muscles pretty quickly.

Stick with weights and avoid a lot of cardio- you don't need to be burning a heap of calories. Make sure that you consume plenty of lean protein, especially after a work out and eat regular small meals.

Remember that as a women if you want to build muscle you will have to work hard. I'm a big believer in high weight with low reps to build muscle. You will sweat and it will hurt, but it will be worth it in the end.

Most women give up weights after the first session due to muscle pain post work out, but if you are sore the next day in the areas you have worked it means that you're on the way to stronger you!

.. then my pecs, butt and hamstrings are stronger!

I am slim as well, but trying to lose a small amount of fat on my abdomen while getting stronger. Otherwise, I'm very thin. I'm 35 now, so it makes sense that I've gained the weight there, but I'd like to get rid of it while looking stronger in the arms and legs. Any advice? :)