• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Question about creatine

C

chapa

Hi everyone, i have some questions about creatine.

1. What does creatine help with? does it grow muscle, give you energy etc?

2. Is taking creatine harmful? Can it endanger my health?

Thats about it for now. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

creatine is the energy your muscles look to for first, it gives the muscles short bursts of energy , your body produces creatine naturally in the liver and kidneys , that is the non-scientific description

Also creatine works by increasing the water retetention in your muscles for a "bulkier" look so when u stop , your muscles shrink back to its original size.

as for being safe , studies show that it is safe

but do remember that it is a supplement not a miracle cure , Learning to train, eat and recover correctly are what needs to be focus on

thanks for that info mate, i am thinking of using some creatine just to help me bulk up a bit. When using it can i just stop taking it say when the tub is empty? like does it have any negative effect on the body when you stop taking it?

also when you say "creatine works by increasing the water retetention in your muscles for a "bulkier" look so when u stop , your muscles shrink back to its original size". do you mean when you finish your workout or when you stop taking the stuff?

Cheers

wont have any negative effects on the body , and yep can stop taking it when you want , once you stop taking it the muscles will go back to the normal size ,

thanks for the help mate, i just wanted to make sure it was alright to take.

Hey dude,

They're are side effects with almost any supplement if you take too much. Just don't take too much and drink plenty of water, should be ok.. :D

Your muscle will not shrink after taking creatine. You may loose some water retention or bloat which may may you look a bit smaller, but if you continue good diet and training you should be fine.

I stopped taking it for a couple of months and didn't notice a huge loss in mass. And since taking it again they have grown again.