• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Question about bicepts

C

chapa

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to weight training i have only been doing it for just over a year and i just have a question about the bicepts. My right bicept is bigger than my left one, i think because i am right handed and its naturally bigger. I just want to find a way that i can train but make the left bicept catch up to my right one in size. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thankyou.

use dumbbells work both sides, but do one or two more sets for the smaller side

Yeah, it’s a really common problem! Your right, your right arm might be stronger. I guess most of us tend to use our dominate arm much more, so it could be stronger and maybe even more coordinated than your non dominate side! Test it out, do some alternate dumbbell bicep curls. If you can do the same amount of reps with both arms with equally good form, then I personally wouldn’t don’t stress about it too much. Your right arm may always be bigger. You just don’t want there to be a significant strength imbalance between your arms, that could cause you issues later on. If your right arm is stronger than your left, I would try sticking to one-arm dumbbell exercises until your left arm is as strong as your right. Keep the reps exactly the same for both arms though, don’t be tempted to do more reps with your right arm just because it's not tired. With your back (obviously your biceps play a large role in back exercises), you can do one-arm dumbbell rows. What else? I’m struggling to think off the top of my head of any other unilateral back exercises. Still half asleep.. Anyone else have any ideas? Oh well, do them first in your back work out anyway. Can you let us know how you go?

we all know what cause that problem , to much action in one arm ;) lol
but nah serious , it's a common condition, nothing to worry about

Keep concentrating on both arms the same and they will eventually even out. The WORST thing you could do was try to lift more or more often with the smaller arm...
Trust me and keep it the same, they'll even out slowly

Just remember that humans aren't symetrical , Even Arnie had one bicep bigger than the other

ok thanks guys. i will do one or two extra sets on my weaker side. I will also try the one arm dumbell rows.

DB work allows the individual strength of the muscle to be used - using a barbell will moderate things as both arms have to work in unison. Just my opinion.

(& they are "biceps")

Thanks for the info mate. Oh yeah i thought i was spelling it worng. thanks