• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginer in need of help with training

D

draco

Hi members of Ausbb ,draco here , I'm 17 and trying to become more muscular. Im 5'10 and weight 77 kgs. I have some fat and narrow shoulders. how do i broaden up my shoulders and become leaner but not too ripped. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

hi Draco and Welcome to Ausbb, here you'll find lot of info on bodybuilding

I'd stick to the basic compound exercises -
such as

Bench press
Squat
Military Press
Deadlift

make sure your diet is right, clean foods and eat often.

the above will get you started , as your strength increases you can incorporate more into your workout

also, i wouldn't worry about getting "too ripped". that doesnt happen by accident unless you're some sort of freak.

hey draco.well for shoulders id say do these exersices with a comfortable weight you can handle for 3 sets and 12 reps..

-front dumbell raises
-standing side dumbell laterals
-reverse pec dec
-dumbell up right rows

..flex88..

for shoulders (delts), start with seated bumbell presses (or smith machine if you prefer it), seated side lateral raises with dumbells, front raises and then upight rows. very important to do a warmup set or 2 approx 20 reps to warm up ur shoulders.
big traps give you a wide look too. try assorted shrugging motions. im lucky to have big traps cos as a kid, my dad (who was a tradesman) made me lug wheelbarrows of concrete and assorted crap around for years= big traps and rhomboids.

Wide shoulders are limited by your genetics. Some standing shoulder work can't hurt you to get a little more bang for your buck, & be careful of upright rows - they are the cause of shoulder problems for some people, whereas others can handle them fine.

At 17, you would not have been training for long in the scheme of things. Standing military to build a solid core as well should be the staple of your shoulder diet. The entire shoulder still gets worked with overhead pressing, and it is the king of shoulder developement. Plenty of time for the iso's later once the base is built IMO, but if you want to do them now, make them secondary.