• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Cycling] bikes banned on melb trains in peak hour

J

jasmin

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22988641-2862,00.html

EXCLUSIVE: BIKES will be banned on all trains at peak hour from tomorrow, sparking an outcry from cyclists and public transport groups.

The new rule, hidden in a State Government document, has been posted on the Metlink website.

The Government has not announced the rule despite its publication in the Victorian Fares and Ticketing Manual.

And the Herald Sun understands the city's private rail operator, Connex, has not been notified of the change.

The rule flies in the face of the Government's push for transport to be more environmentally sustainable.

can understand why they are banned , hard enough fitting a person onto the trains , but a bike also , takes up alot of room , especially when you are jammed in like sardines

but still its a bit of a band aid fix , i hardly doubt that bikes are that big of a hazard , an extra carriage or 2 will help , or what about a carriage for those with bikes ?

don't really blame them for banning them , bikes should be ridden not carted around on public transport

doesn't worry me too much , i don't goto the city to often , work out in the suburbs , but even if i was to work in the city there is quite a good network of bike paths