• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Barbell Shoulder press

C

cooper

Barbell Shoulder press

How far should the bar come down when I'm doing a barbell shoulder press?
I usually get it to touch my upper chest, is that too far?.. should i just go to under my chin?

Barbell Shoulder press

As low down as is comfortable and doesn't compromise form

Barbell Shoulder press

i go mid way between chin and chest but sumtimes if i can i go to chest, thats wen i can tell i should up the weight.

Barbell Shoulder press

hhmm think it might be time to up the weight on the bar

Barbell Shoulder press

I agree with Idt. Stick with the range that feels comfortable.. I'm really limited with overhead presses due to an old shoulder injury. It's really frustrating!

Barbell Shoulder press

RobertW said:
I agree with Idt. Stick with the range that feels comfortable.. I'm really limited with overhead presses due to an old shoulder injury. It's really frustrating!

good point, if u feel like ur joint is gonna pop out stop lol. just go as low as comfortable but so you can still feel the burn from training, the good burn.

Barbell Shoulder press

"The burn" is not the yardstick for good training - it means very little if anything in terms of hypertrophy.