• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Yes.. another newbie :) *routine wanted*

K

krazynayba

Hi guys. Im fairly new to bodybuilding, i know most of the terminology etc and havent been doing weights for long at all. Im just about 17 years old and people tell me i have a great body to start bodybuilding i.e. not too short, and fairly stocky. Im looking for a simple routine that involves working my entire body while maximizing my image also. I've started off basically by doing barbell bench presses for my biceps/triceps on the first day, and then doing dumbell presses/flyes on the next to work my chest. So as it is, i dont really have much of a routine yet, but id love some advice on some workouts to do with free weights (dumbells/barbells) and just my own body weight to work out my entire body.
Thanks

here's a 3 day split

3-4 sets of 8-10 with 1 min avg break between sets.

Day 1 (monday) - Legs, Shoulders

Squats, maybe front squats with db
Barbell Straight-back Straight-leg Deadlift
Barbell Standing Leg Calf Raise
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Barbell Shrug
Barbell Lunge
Barbell Step-up

Day 2 (wednesday) - Chest and Triceps
Dumbbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Fly
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension
Dumbbell Kickback
Oblique Crunches
Side twist

Day 3 (friday) - Back and Biceps
Pull ups
Barbell Rows
Barbell Rows
Seated DB curl
STanding hammer curl

Hey thanks for the routine, i've started doing it now. I started also fitting cardio in, i want to burn fat as quickly as possible so every morning before i eat anything i do a 3km brisk walk on the treadmill which takes 30 mins. I was just wondering, on days when i work out, is it best to do cardio in the morning before food, then do workout straight after then eat? or should i do cardio, then eat, then do my workout? I've also heard people say to do cardio after your workout for a few reasons (were kinda complicated so i cant remember exactly) i think it was something to do with how tired you are or something. Is this true?

Also ive started to eat healthier i.e. cutting fatty foods and sugary foods out, and i guess ill have to try and cut carbs as much as possible. I dont feel like i should start calorie counting and stuff yet because im still starting out but i will try and work my way up to eating a complete bodybuilding diet from just cutting fatty and sugary foods out.

If you are a beginner, you can't go past something like Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength program IMO. It will teach you the big compound lifts & help you build a base & give you results you will notice. And if you are keen, the Starting Strength book would be an investment you would not regret. It teaches you how to do the big lifts correctly. If you get the form right, the weight will follow. 60+ pages on how to squat alone from memory. All the best.