• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My workout routine

S

sara

Ok so following on from my Personal trainer question from the other day , i have decided at this stage not to continue on with the personal trainer if later on down the track i do decide that i need that extra bit of help i will sign up for a few sessions

at the moment i don't really have a set routine the sessions with the PT were more like introduction type sessions , so i sat down and came up with this routine will run it over the Personal trainer at my next session but thought i would give you guys/girls a look at it first

I do chest shoulders and triceps on monday, back biceps calves on wend. and friday I do the rest of the legs, with running on tues. thur. sat. and sundays a day of rest

I made sure that push muscles were worked together and the pull muscles were worked together!

if u got time, only train 2 body parts per session eg chest then biceps,

back and tricpes, shoulder and legs. By doing this you can perform 1 or 2 extra exercises for each body part, and gives yr muscles time to recover too.

Sara,

It sounds like you might be working too hard, If you are trying to build muscle, then heavy weights, low reps. If you are wanting to loose weight, then low weights, high reps.

It sounds like you are doing alot of exercises, with all the running. Are you getting your desired results? Don't forget to have days off, your body does need time to to repair itself.

Try and do what Dee has said.

MightyTriby

I spend an hour and a half at the gym three times a week and do the total body for two of them (gotta make it worth the $$$). I work on my upper body first, exhausting it, then work on my quads, hamstrings, calves and abs. Then I might do some cardio after that, perhaps 10 minutes on the rower. I hear rowing is better than cycling which is better than walking, for losing calories. Saturdays I do 1/2 hour on the rower (at least 5k) and yoga stretches. I'll also do a few sets on bench, leg presses and lats. In the afternoon I'll go for a 10k ride with my partner along the riverside. On Sunday I'll rollerblade for an hour (ad/abductors, abs, calves). I just try and mix up what I'm doing to keep it interesting. I can't swim well, so that's out.

Last edited: