• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

new girl to the gym

S

sara

I have just started going to the gym as i got offered a package which included 3 personal training sessions. So far I have completed 2 (this is my first week at the gym).

The reason why I signed up with a gym is to tone up. I'm really small. Only 146cm and weighing 46kg. My Personal trainer told in order to gain some muscle and drop the far that i need to do quite a lot of weight.

I am no weighing up the option of signing up for a 4-month personal training program or should i just go at it alone. the only problem is that the Personal trainer is a bit expensive plus I can get all the info I need online.(such as here at ausbb)

So what should i do? should i sign up for more of the PT? My body fitness level is quite low.

And while i have your attention whatat machines or weights I should do at the gym?

Thanks a lot

Personal Trainers are great for showing your the correct way in which to do do exercises. But if you have a routine, there's really no point in having one. You can easily just get a PT for one session a month, in which he can update your routine, and show you the correct way to do exercises. It would be a waste of money to use one for every session.

Hi there sara, as cruxis said above "Personal Trainers are great for showing your the correct way in which to do do exercises. But if you have a routine, there's really no point in having one"

A Personal training is good if you lack motivation, and need someone to push you
what are your goals? depending on your goals a Personal Trainer may not be needed , if its just for overall fitness that you want you are better off saving your money on a Personal trainer and direct that money towards a better nutrition.

I love my PT. I have plenty of drive and determination in the gym, but he has helped me progress and get some variety in my training. If I just trained by myself, I'd be constantly lifting heavy weights, and probably not using the correct technique. With him, I have learnt how to do power lifts, but also plyometrics, cable work, etc. He has taught me more about functional fitness rather than just brute strength.

It's a personal choice though- but I always think PTs are a good idea when you first start. Huge amounts of people I see lifting in the gym have poor technique, which prevents them from getting to where they could.