• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supps for veges

mike367

Hi there, I'm a vege just getting serious about training. Anyone know a decent supplement suitable for a vegetarain, I eat lots of fresh fruit and veg and very little junk (fatty and sugary) food. I have no meat, poultry, fish or eggs in my diet.
I guess I need protein,
what about creatine?
Oh I'm an oldie 41yo :)
Thanks....
Mike

will need some soy based protein
Soy protein isolate is the most concentrated form, at 90% protein on a dry weight basis. It is almost entirely carbohydrate and fat free with no 'beany' flavour common for soy foods.

Creatine is a nitrogen-containing compound found in meat, fish and poultry. The body can also create creatine from other digested proteins found in vegetarian diets, although the amount of creatine produced varies between diets
vegetarians tend to have lower creatine levels and this may affect exercise performance. If the levels are low, vegetarians may experience improved muscle performance after creatine supplementatio

Last edited:
Thanx inxs.
Will any soy based protein powder work?
What should I look for in a good one?
Does anyone take the recommed dose?
I should take it on off days to, right?
Thanks
Mike

look for a soy protein with a high isoflavone content
dosage Typical protein recommendations are 1-2 grams of protein per kg of body weight
and yes take it on off days too

Depends on the level of vegetarianism. Flexitarian, vegan, lacto-vegetarian, ovo-vegetarian, lacto-ovo-vegetarian, pollotarian, pescatarian....