• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

workout plan

E

Emma

hi all , I'm a 23yo 5'2'' female weighing in at52kg's. and am looking to get toned and loose some of that excess body fat. I currently belong to a gym so have access to equipment.

Just after some general advice on a 3 day a week workout program . That incorporates a full body workout not wanting to add bulk muscle mass. Just tone and firm.

I am kind of clueless on where to begin

Looking forward to hearing your advice and starting up this workout plan.

welcome to Ausbb emma :)

first off you don't have to worry about bulking up as a female you don't have the hormones for bulking up so gaining muscle takes some major work for women.

A full body routine 3 days a week is a good thing. Does your gym supply you with a personal trainer for few sittings? They would be able to help cater to your goals, needs, abilities, etc

do you have any muscle groups that are more muscular than others?

Have you ever weight trained before?

It's important to make sure you're hitting every muscle group. Start with higher reps, such as 12-15, and then increase the weights you use and decrease the total reps. Compound movements are great. It's a good idea to favor them over isolation movements.

I would do this for 3 weeks
:2 setsX15 reps; 3Xweekly; run as a circuit with only 30 seconds rest between movements and 1 minute rest between the circuit

squat
bb or db bench
db lunges (15 reps each leg)
seated cable row
bicep curls on cable machine with rope
tricep extensions on cable machine with rope
cable crunches with rope

Then drop the reps and up the sets, when the 3weeks is up add some varying movements
Toning is a myth, the tone of a muscle is the result of how a muscle looks whether it's covered in fat or not.lifting weights won't make you bulky